need help getting my xbox hooked up

krisv2010

WiiChat Member
Jun 21, 2007
Wii Online Code
0340-3497-6441-4373
i want to hook my xbox 360 up to the internet but there is one problem...my router is downstairs in the main computer room but my TV is upstairs and i have my computer right next to it. my computer is hooked to the internet through a wireless network adapter. is there any way i can hook an ethernet cable to the back of my computer and to my xbox 360 to get the internet connection to the 360? I've tried hooking them up but it didn't work, so is there some sort of settings i have to change? Any help will be appreciated

yea i followed the instructions on that page but it still doesn't work : ( and pikachu guy that wireless thing is the biggest ripoff ever lol, a router is a lot cheaper than that

I would suggest on checking out the xbox.com website and check out the section on different ways to connect to xbox live. If none of those work for you or you're still having problems just phone microsoft support. Their number is 1-800-4MY-Xbox. Hopefully by then you will be hooked up to xbox live.

In my opinion I would just go ahead and purchase the wireless network adapter seeing as it is one of the easiest methods of connecting even though the price may be a bit much.

ok thanks i might give them a call, and i'm not buying that network adapter because the 360 is not mine and won't permanently be here so i'd definitely be a waste

well you can do what i used to do in the beginning since ur not gona have it for long, just take out the internet from your modem and plug in the ethernet for the 360 and when your done switch them back

Back