need help with nunchuck...

Agilitydog

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2012
I am at the Goron Mines, trying to get pass the lave tubes. Every time I use my books to shut down the flames, I start to run, and it seems I run in circles, running into things.. I just can't run in a straight line. If I do get pass the first lava tube, I have problems with the second, I am running all wobbly.

I am new to gaming, and have been practicing running, or trying to run smoothly. Any hints or suggestions for me? The nunchuck is so 'touchy', I have fallen into the lava so many times I've lost count. :)

thanks in advance.

I've never really thought about how to handle a control stick properly (that's what she said?), but try to put more pressure on the nunchuck's control stick if you're not pressing it all the way forward when running.

Also, you are using your thumb for the stick, yes?

Thanks, I am using my thumb, I think it's my 'coordination'. I can get Link running in a straight line, then all of a sudden he swerves one way or the other. It doesn't take much for him to do that. I have two characters, one stuck in the Goron mines and one back at the beginning. I sometimes go back and try and practice and then go back to where I am at. I guess it will just take practice.

I tried my right hand, but it is just as clumsy as my left. :)

I see... Sorry to say I don't have any other advice to give. :( Good luck getting your C-stick coordination down.

If I got a different (easier) game to learn how to move my character, is there a Zelda game you'd recommend?

Well, the only other Zelda game for the Wii that's worth a purchase is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (you are playing Twilight Princess, right? If not, I recommend Twilight Princess on the contrary :lol: ). You could also buy the older Zelda game TLoZ: Wind Waker for the Gamecube; you will need a Gamecube controller to play it, of course. Both the controller and game should be considerably cheaper on the bright side.

Actually, the Gamecube controller's control stick might be easier to use in comparison to the nunchuck's. Namely because you hold the 'Cube controller with both hands and it has more weight to it, which might make your hands and control stick thumb more steady. I certainly have an easier time with the 'Cube instead of the nunchuck, but that might be because I purchased my Gamecube back in 2002. Or perhaps because I have big hands... I can only guess why it's easier for me.

Oh, I keep forgetting... How old is your Wii? If it's a new one, then the cheaper price would mean that it doesn't have backwards compatibility with the Gamecube, which is to say you wouldn't be able to play Wind Waker.

Thanks, I just ordered the Skyward Sword, I am in Twilight and FINALLY got past all the lava chutes (just as you come into the mines), went into the first door and am about to go and find the next key. Thanks for all your help. :)

Back