Network Key

hotwaterbrogden

Master Commander
Dec 26, 2006
NJ & MA
Wii Online Code
1389-6918-7920-6415
I know this is a weird question but i keep on connected to other peoples routers in my apartment building because they are unlocked. Myself and my roommates are connected to our own personal router and i want the Wii to connect to it but i cant seem to find the Network Key (password) for the router. Does anyone know how i can find my access key on the computer if my comp, and others are connected to MY router?

Thanks so much

go to start>run
type "command" and click OK or press enter
type "ipconfig", press enter
open an internet browser window (internet exporer/netscape/firefox...), and type in what you see in the command prompt window for "default gateway"
a password box will pop up, if you don't remember that password, try u/n: default and p/w: admin, or u/n: [blank] p/w: admin
go to the "wireless" section and look for "encryption" or "security" or something along those lines (it is different for different brands)
the key will be there somewhere

any other things that could be the username or the password if you forgot them???

It's quite possible that you (or whoever set up the router) changed it from the default. If this is the case, it could be anything. Try pressing the reset button on the router (sometimes you have to hold it in). This usually will reset all the settings to the factory defaults.

Back