New Idea to get rid of Friend codes

bilzar

I'm still alive!
Oct 18, 2007
Wyoming
Wii Online Code
6352-8868-3020-2426
ok, So the main reason Nintendo uses friend codes is to protect the younger crowds, right? Well, Why doesn't Nintendo just use the Parental controls they already have in the games that use the internet? It would offer parents the control to protect their children and it would get rid of annoying friend codes and it would give us a better reason to have microphones for games like Brawl.

Good Idea, like decided weither you can go online, and if you want voice or text communation. Though Nintendo won't do it, Parents would be mad just like the zapper

bilzar said:
ok, So the main reason Nintendo uses friend codes is to protect the younger crowds, right? Well, Why doesn't Nintendo just use the Parental controls they already have in the games that use the internet? It would offer parents the control to protect their children and it would get rid of annoying friend codes and it would give us a better reason to have microphones for games like Brawl.

the reason why it wont work is because a majority of parents wont set the controls. for instance, how many parents set controls for xbox live(if there is any), what about parental controls on tv's.

parents use video games as babysitters, but when the kid does something wrong they blame video games. (ps3 story with kid hiring a hitman on his parents) but in reality if the parents looked at the games they buy for their kids or even watch them play. maybe they wouldnt buy the game.

sorry but it wont happen with nintendo, we MIGHT get lucky and get headsets, but thats it

I have said this and even sent them an e-mail that included this but whenever you bring up anything why friendcodes they pretend to read it.

good idea, but whoose to say that the younger kids wont just tell thier parents that it doesnt have online........i know it sounds dumb, but my family is technologicly chalanged, they belive anything i tell them about technology

Yes, but if Nintendo made it stoppable by just using parental controls, they are not liable for anything. It is completely at fault with the parent(s). And honestly the average parents would feel ashamed that their kid was conversing with bad men anyway therefore stopping a lawsuit or any real publicity out of the situation.

But we still won't get friend codes fixed or anything...

Parental controls makes perfect sense in a rational world but not in our world. I've been thinking about this too.

My solution is to have an "adults only" Wii. If someone lets their adults only Wii be used by children that's on them not anyone else. Nintendo would have to manufacture two versions of the Wii in each language. Obviously this is impossible because they can't manage the supply right now.

Back