New to Wii and GameCube...Help!

kittypie

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
I love my new Wii. Got two second-hand GameCube games (Animal Crossing & Madden 2005)...I'm using the Classic Controller (have never used it before). Animal Crossing doesn't do anything no matter what I do (it keeps walking in circles through the seasons) and Madden says it needs a memory card to save, but you can play without saving....but it doesn't go any further. Will these work or is there something else I need to do?
Thank you for your help.
Kittypie

csiguy4u said:
Buy a memory card?
I have an SD card in the Wii...do I need to get a different memory card?
And where do I put it?

csiguy4u said:
Gamecube games require a gamecube memory card. Gamecube games can't use the internal flash wii memory nor the SD card.
Oh, ok...is there a place on the Wii where I have to put the memory card? Any idea how expensive they are?

Around like $2-4 dollars :lol:
Over the Gamecube ports.

This forum has been such a help! Thank you so much...will check for GameCube memory at the used bookstore tomorrow.

well from what i understand, you dont even have any gamecube controllers. to play gamecube games, you need gamecube controllers, its the only thing on the wii that requires something other than the wiimote or the classic controller. also, as others have said, if you want to save a gamecube game, you need a game cube memory card. all of these things have ports that are on top of the wii.

phatboix91 said:
well from what i understand, you dont even have any gamecube controllers. to play gamecube games, you need gamecube controllers, its the only thing on the wii that requires something other than the wiimote or the classic controller. also, as others have said, if you want to save a gamecube game, you need a game cube memory card. all of these things have ports that are on top of the wii.

So you need cube controllers to play cube games yes? Do cube controllers work for VC games also? Or do they require a classic controller?

Back