GameCube...Wii..

Pierre4

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2007
My friends keep telling me you dont need the classic controller if you have a gamecube controller because it is the same and you can use it for wii games?

you can use your gamecube memory card to save wii games and files?

Smash Bros is not going to be played on the wiimote?

Pierre4 said:
My friends keep telling me you dont need the classic controller if you have a gamecube controller because it is the same and you can use it for wii games?

The GameCube controller can only be used for playing GameCube games or most Virtual Console games. But not actual Wii games.

you can use your gamecube memory card to save wii games and files?

No. GameCube memory cards are only used for GameCube games. For Wii games, there is interal memory to save games on. There is also an SD memory card slot that you can transfer saved games onto, but this is not required.

Smash Bros is not going to be played on the wiimote?

There's been no official announcement, but there was a statement a long time ago stating that the Wii remote may not be the best choice for Smash Bros and it may use the Classic Controller instead. We'll know more details as the release gets closer (release date has not been announced).

I think that i would be best if you could use the gamecube controller or the classic wii-mote controller, I think that if they changed the way you played it would runin the game.:p

Skippy said:
The GameCube controller can only be used for playing GameCube games or most Virtual Console games. But not actual Wii games.

Some Wii games support Gamecube controllers.

One of them would be Metal Slug Antology. I believe Need For Speed: Carbon supports it as well, although it's been months since I've looked through the controller config menu.

DBZ also supports gamecube controllers...

If you want to play SNES games, I recommend you get a classic controller... especially for Super Mario World!

For sure for all the snes games you need one. I fought it and didn't want to get one but its great. $19.99 can't go wrong...

Your friends are noobs, classic controller pwns the gc controller in the face.

For some games it's needed to enjoy them, but if you want to just play it's not needed.

I bought a gamecube controller to play metroid prime 2 and to play super mario world. That thing is beyond retarded in its controls. Classic controller I go.

I found out awhile ago that SSBB will not be on the wii remote...:( :( :( :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

Back