newest wii = unmoddable currently

deftonesru

WiiChat Member
Jul 28, 2007
so i went to pick up my wii from the "place" today and they told me it was unmoddable at this time because its too new of a model. so im currently stuck.

if you want to read about my little trilogy its here :
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/33798-modchip-play-backedup-commercial-games.html

anyway, they said that in maybe a month there may be something new and that i should check again. my question is is there anyway to play backups without the need of the chip , such as a sd card + action replay thingy ?

thanks for any advice, i hope my warning helps those with new wii's reading this now.

It is probably this version, and as you can see it is modable, its just harder to mod.
DSC00152.jpg

Edit: I missed the part where you were asking about softmods, so no, there aren't any softmods yet.

Last edited:
what chip are you using there ?
and do you think i should print that picture and show them ?
ive been to the place and back since sunday and all this time they couldnt do it and they told me it was unmoddable. i would do it myself but i have no experiance soldering and dont want to screw my wii up.

so no alternatives to the chip either ?

deftonesru said:
what chip are you using there ?
and do you think i should print that picture and show them ?
ive been to the place and back since sunday and all this time they couldnt do it and they told me it was unmoddable. i would do it myself but i have no experiance soldering and dont want to screw my wii up.

so no alternatives to the chip either ?

Are you in a PAL region (Europe)? If you are, it is possible you may have a D2C chipset in your Wii, which makes it truly unmoddable.

gunsnroses said:
dude modding is A HUGE RISKKKKK dont do it ppl have lost tons of money over this stupid crap!
Eh, its worth the risk. If you are smart you will just get someone to mod it for you that has a warranty so if they **** it up you get a new Wii. And you can save much more money than you would lose.

That picture is the leg-cut version of D2B which can still be modded. The latest version is D2C chip that cannot be modded with any current mod chips.

well that sounds kinda dumb i have heard of dvd but if thats all they let you do and you can go to jail and/or break your wii i wouldnt do it sounds dumb

gunsnroses said:
well that sounds kinda dumb i have heard of dvd but if thats all they let you do and you can go to jail and/or break your wii i wouldnt do it sounds dumb
What do you mean you have heard of DVD? ****, I wish you would type properly. I'm not sure if you understand what it does though. It is illegal to do so, but you can get any game you want for free if your console is chipped.

I modded my wii too, and no problems at the moment. Between, I love to have backups in my wii lol

okay so thank you all for the advice. my wii is ntsc, usa version. i got it saturday so it hasent even been a week, like thats how new it is.

i spoke to someone today about it and im going to bring it to him tomarrow afternoon so i will post my results. he said it would take about an hour and i can watch him do it. im bring a copy of wii sports i got so i can test it out while im there.

he says if my wii gets bricked or damaged that he will replace it no charge and even offers a 30 day warrenty. it'll just set me back 150.

oh well, thanks for the advice and pictures and stuff, ill let yall know how it goes. wish me luck

okay, big update, so i went to a "guy" i know and he successfully managed to mod my wii. awsome, i came home and tested all the games i burned and woopie all but one work, and i think thats only because i used a philips dvd-r.

thanks for the info, i managed to get a wiikey, my wii is ntsc usa, and i cant wait to get it online. later !

Back