Next-gen engines that offer Wii support

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, I was post last year a thread called "next-gen engines on Wii", do you remember it?

Well, now I list the next-gen engines that offer Wii support and we (the Wii owners) want to see future Wii games using these engines pushing the Wii hardware to the limit, Why?
Becose, we don't see the new consoles coming until 2013. Yes, 4 years rest to this happen, is a long way. And in these coming years we need to see a huge improvement in the Wii development to at the end of 2012 the first-party and third-party developers really reach the limits of the console, the Wii can do so much more than you can think and is responsability of the developers take total advantage of the hardware. To date, the only two companies that really push the Wii hardware are Capcom (RE:DC&Spyborgs) and High voltage Software, but what happen with the other developers?
Here's the list of the engines that can help them to improve the Wii development.

Gamebryo Engine
From Emergent

Torque Engine
From GarageGames

Q 2.0 Engine
From Qubesoft

Vision Engine
From Trinigy

Source Engine (half-support)
from Valve

Vicious Engine ver. 2
From Vicious Cycle

Havok Behavior engine
From Havok

Infernal Engine
From Terminal Reality

There's other engines that will support Wii (currently in development).

Link:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3832/engines_of_creation_an_overview_.php?page=1

Do you know any Wii game that uses one of these engines?

The core question is: When the developers will start to using these engines to improve future Wii games?
The development for the xbox360 and ps3 is very advanced with so many engines support games on these consoles. Come-on developers these engines are created to help the Wii development, JUST USE THESE ENGINES FOR Wii!!

Last edited:
What about the Thomas engine?
Ok so it's a tank engine but still its a engine

The Conduit is garbage and so is the quantum 3 engine.

I dont think that remark was fair or even well thought out,The Conduit is a gigantic step in the right direction and many many people are having tons of fun playing the game.

The Conduit is garbage and so is the quantum 3 engine.

The Conduit may be a run of the mill FPS but it certainly isn't 'garbage'. The quantum 3 engine is also reasonably impressive, throwing out a lot of effects that haven't been seen before in Wii games.

The only other engine that has made any real news on the Wii is the COD4 engine, having been ported to the Wii for COD: WAW and QOS.

The one problem I have with the Wii is the range of creativity. You might say motion controls help, but in the end, it comes down to the developers. With the Wii's graphical and hardware issues, the amount of quality content has to be shimmered down. This was probably the case when Suda announced NMH2 will be his last release on a Wii console.

Suda should get NMH2 out of the way before talking about Ignoring the Wii fans.

Last edited:
I dont think that remark was fair or even well thought out,The Conduit is a gigantic step in the right direction and many many people are having tons of fun playing the game.

The Conduit may be a run of the mill FPS but it certainly isn't 'garbage'. The quantum 3 engine is also reasonably impressive, throwing out a lot of effects that haven't been seen before in Wii games.

The only other engine that has made any real news on the Wii is the COD4 engine, having been ported to the Wii for COD: WAW and QOS.

It really doesn't matter, you can add all the technologies you want, the conduit doesn't even look that great for a Wii game. Of course, Graphics aren't a big deal but there is gameplay, which still sucks. The game controls beautifully, everything else about the game was poorly done. There were some cool weapons but it really isn't the saving grace of a bad game.

I just had to come away from the game to cook dinner,was playing Capture the flag (ASE) online,great fun,looks good enough to me and more importantly it plays like a dream.

Gets my thumbs up :)

2 more yearsto go for the Wii2
wii is a 5 year play
Xbox was a sh!t plan
PS3 was a 10 year plan

We'll probably be seeing upgrades of the console before we hear any talks about a Wii2.

And explain to me why Xbox was a crap plan?

We'll probably be seeing upgrades of the console before we hear any talks about a Wii2.

And explain to me why Xbox was a crap plan?

Was a typo, he meant to say shit hot plan. Clearly.

2 more yearsto go for the Wii2
wii is a 1 year play
Xbox was a 1337 plan
PS3 was a 10 year plan

Fixed.

If anything the PS3 will outlast the others if developers ever do unlock the full potential of that system. Maybe that'll be done with MAG. Who knows...

Fixed.

If anything the PS3 will outlast the others if developers ever do unlock the full potential of that system. Maybe that'll be done with MAG. Who knows...

Not sure what you think you fixed as it made no sense. :confused:

The Wii and 360 were probably supposed to have a 5 year life span but I can see both of them going past that. The Wii due to its success and the 360 because it parallels the PS3 for multiplatform titles. Maybe there will be new consoles announced at the end of 2011 or 2012 though.

The PS3 was supposed to have a 10 year life span. I doubt that it will though because Sony wont want to be in last place for another 7 years, plus the PS3 tech will probably be exceeded by Nintendo and Microsoft in the next few years when they release their next gen consoles. Sony's plan just wasn't a good one.

MAG will have to be a lot better on release than the last SOCOM game was, especially as its main hook is the amount of players online.

Back