Oblivion Engine Now Available for Wii

anthonybest1

WiiChat Member
Apr 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
3428-8826-2456-3690
i was on the ign site and saw this so i put it here:lol:

Oblivion Engine Now Available for Wii
US, September 12, 2007 - Today Emergent Game Technologies, makers of the Gamebryo engine powering popular current games like Oblivion and the upcoming Fallout 3, announced a version of the middleware is now available for the Wii. The engine is designed to speed up the development process by automating actions that are normally time-consuming.

"With the success of Nintendo's Wii console catching much of the industry off guard and offering fresh interactive features, developers need new tools to be able to develop for multiple platforms that offer vastly different capabilities and require different programming techniques," said Geoffrey Selzer, CEO of Emergent. "We are committed to making multiplatform development as painless as possible while still delivering industry leading performance. Gamebryo for Wii simply sets a new standard for middleware designed for this top selling platform. We are very proud to be part of Nintendo's Third Party Tools program."

Gamebryo is already running over 200 games, ranging from massively-multiplayer online titles to casual fare.

maybe we will get better games now

That's outstanding news. Having 3rd party dev tools and runtime engines should really accelerate the time-to-market.

Nice find!

i thought havoc physics had a version on wii because isn't even Smash Bros using it (i read it somewhere on GoNintendo) ,and wasn't it awhile back they made ,or were working on a version of Unreal Engine for Wii. I hope this relates to some sort of Elder Scrolls port. I have it on 360 ,and really enjoy it aside from having a hard time sometimes reading text due to having an SDTV

Oblivion on the wii would fulfill all my wii needs and make it so I don't buy a 360. If its announced before christmas, I will not be buying a 360.

Back