Nintendo is giving the Wii, DS, and other Retro Systems the "cold shoulder"...

Damn kids STOP PUTTING PICKLES ON MY BIG MAC!!!!!!!

SRSLY!

Gawd no one can tell you that 6x8=48 off the top of the head anymore. That's what cell phones are for.

I have to read a book every now and then just to see something called GRAMMAR!

... To be fair, to this day I've yet to memorize times tables; ignored it in school (just like cursive :D), I just did all the maths in my head. I was always a few grades ahead in terms of math skill, so it's not like it mattered either.

... Nor did I pay any attention in English class, since all we ever did was read books that were too boring and simplistic. Never did we learn the finer points of grammar; I learned nigh-all that I know on my own (long before I was out of elementary school) in regards to lingual skills and grammar.

Point being, most schools' curriculum are piss-poor in either material or teacher. Modern day everything supports lower-than-average intelligence, and thus, we get the lazy generation. It's not the fact that every generation gets worse; it's the fact that technology is getting better.

Ah, the 21st century. How on earth will they manage themselves?

We won't; machines will run our lives for us. Literally. If you think smart phones are excessive, wait until cars drive themselves, food cooks itself, and the world is a utopian mechanical civilization that automatically produces it's own resources, and everyone has all the free time in the world to let robots and programs do everything for them.

Back