Nintendo Wii Breakdown--The Answer for Nintendo Newbies!

Joe said:
Great Post...So there will be a numchuck included :cool:

I think he said that it would. If he didn't, yes. And it looks like he copied and pasted from the Nintendo site. Either way, good info. And you do control his sword useing motion sesitvity. Nintendo said it themselfs. You'll also see it in online videos.

Nice games list there, I hope its real! I was kind of worried about games being released for the Wii, but after that I have no worries.

Good post, it answered a few of my questions. Though, I think you should mention that it can play previous Nintendo games(NES, SNES, N64) in the "Backwards Compatibility" section. You only mention GameCube games. Some people(like I) skipped through the Wii channels because I don't have high-speed internet/Wi-fi. They might miss that part...

But I still have some questions...:

You say the sensor bar connects to the T.V. itself, through AV inputs Im guessing. Well, what if a T.V. doesn't have those inputs? My TV doesnt, so I use the AV ports through the DVD player which is hooked up to it(through cable line) for my Xbox or other game consoles. Won't there be 2 different AV plugs? One for the Wii console and one for the sensor bar? I hope I'm not sounding too confusing. I'm started to get confused myselft just typing this...

alright, thankss, great info.
umm, I could've skipped this, 'cause I just kinda "briefly" read it lol but, is there anyway to just use regular controllers to play on the wii, instead of always using the wii mote or the numchucks or whatever? Because there will be times where I will just want to play a game normally, without motion sensor stuff. Is there anyway? And is Nintendo Wii going online? Sorry if these are both noob questions and already answered in the posts above...lol if it is, my apoligies:cornut:

EvanVolm said:
Good post, it answered a few of my questions. Though, I think you should mention that it can play previous Nintendo games(NES, SNES, N64) in the "Backwards Compatibility" section. You only mention GameCube games. Some people(like I) skipped through the Wii channels because I don't have high-speed internet/Wi-fi. They might miss that part...

But I still have some questions...:

You say the sensor bar connects to the T.V. itself, through AV inputs Im guessing. Well, what if a T.V. doesn't have those inputs? My TV doesnt, so I use the AV ports through the DVD player which is hooked up to it(through cable line) for my Xbox or other game consoles. Won't there be 2 different AV plugs? One for the Wii console and one for the sensor bar? I hope I'm not sounding too confusing. I'm started to get confused myselft just typing this...

The sensor bar hooks intot he back of the Wii, only one AV input is necessary. The actual physical sensor bar connects to the tv by 2-sided tape, not the input.

i cant wait to get far cry vengeance but from the vids i sow the graphics look like crap so ill problt go with redsteel

This is good. Hopefully this'll answer some simple questions that a lot of people ask already ><

mine did...just play the games you want to try first then try to connect- worst thing is you'll have to wait until nintendo replaces your unit...i hear they are pretty good about the ones that fail.

peach awwwt

i just had a question about the warranty that's available with the wii. yea...what is it? i read somewhere a year? but i think that was just a bundle deal.

Back