Gamespot biased against the Wii

Now, if someone hasn't understood the point in my writings, I apologize, maybe I haven't been clear enough. My point has been that Gamespot frequently penalises Wii games for some non-sensical reasons, while nothing similar occurs with other platforms' games.

And I neither base my game purchases on reviews. But they are meant to let you know what really works and what doesn't, and give you a general idea on a game. By Gamespot's reviews, most motion using Wii games mostly control like crap. And that is far from true. If the case is not bias, then their Wii reviewers really really need to learn how to play games.

And the reason why I've brought up older games also, is because this discussion is at it's core, about whether or not Gamespot is biased against Wii, and I've seen them acting the same way for the whole time the Wii has been out. Not just after the review-system change.

LordArchantos said:
Now, if someone hasn't understood the point in my writings, I apologize, maybe I haven't been clear enough. My point has been that Gamespot frequently penalises Wii games for some non-sensical reasons, while nothing similar occurs with other platforms' games.

And I neither base my game purchases on reviews. But they are meant to let you know what really works and what doesn't, and give you a general idea on a game. By Gamespot's reviews, most motion using Wii games mostly control like crap. And that is far from true. If the case is not bias, then their Wii reviewers really really need to learn how to play games.

And the reason why I've brought up older games also, is because this discussion is at it's core, about whether or not Gamespot is biased against Wii, and I've seen them acting the same way for the whole time the Wii has been out. Not just after the review-system change.
but most wii games do have crappy controls, most games that come out for the wii arent better than there game cube counterpart, or counter part for the other system, then if the controls are iffy then what does the wii have to offer? Your Wario ware smooth moves got a high review, for the same reason wii play out sold metroid and zelda. Your casual gamers run the wii console not real gamers.
Now you take the controls away from metroid and what is really done different from the others in the series, is it a real big graphical jump, no, is the story telling done better, no, did it get harder, hell no. so why did it deserve any thing else. it is still a good game based on there rating system where others a 7 or 8 is not that good, but lets just get it straight its not the best game for the wii. not in their opinion any way. Other review sites did say that wario ware did make great use of the wiimote so mmmm

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
but most wii games do have crappy controls, most games that come out for the wii arent better than there game cube counterpart, or counter part for the other system, then if the controls are iffy then what does the wii have to offer? Your Wario ware smooth moves got a high review, for the same reason wii play out sold metroid and zelda. Your casual gamers run the wii console not real gamers.
Now you take the controls away from metroid and what is really done different from the others in the series, is it a real big graphical jump, no, is the story telling done better, no, did it get harder, hell no. so why did it deserve any thing else. it is still a good game based on there rating system where others a 7 or 8 is not that good, but lets just get it straight its not the best game for the wii. not in their opinion any way. Other review sites did say that wario ware did make great use of the wiimote so mmmm

Here we go again.

Casual gamers do not make the Wii.
I love that comment there, just because Nintendo aims at the casual gamers and the other 2 fail to do so, does not mean that it is run by casual gamers at all.

Wii Play outsold those games mainly because of the extra Wiimote, and the fact its a good starter for new Wii owners..showing signs that the Wii is still selling well.

Metroid is different from the other 2 games on the Gamecube.
Controls are wonderful, it does look better graphic wise, and I found the story telling to be better. Although I will call it plot, because we are not reading a freaking fairy tale hear bud. Metroid and Zelda were easily the best Wii games, and arguably are still the best Wii games out right now.

That will change though when the other games..like Galaxy etc. are released.

And the only controls that are bad on the Wii are the ports.
So what, big deal.

Also, there are options for some games as to what you use to play.
Gamecube controller, Wiimote, Wiimote/Nunchuck and Classic Controller.
Makes people happy.

Thats funny these Excerpts from the game reviewers that you all love have this to say about the game. But when gamespot says it they are biased. I bet you can't guess which of your favorite review sites had this to say about your perfect game.

"Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is, for the most part, Nintendo's first established franchise to really utilize the Wii's motion-sensing strengths. With the exception of WarioWare Smooth moves, Nintendo's franchises on the Wii have consisted of repurposed GameCube games (Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario) or titles with traditional control schemes that make little to no use of the Wii's features (Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged and Pokemon). Playing through Corruption, you get the sense that this game was developed with the Wii in mind, a feeling that precious few titles have thus far evoked." (basicly most wii game controls are crappy like i said)( did they say wario ware?)

"While the aiming takes awhile to get used to, once you find your desired level of sensitivity, you'll find that it almost matches the buttery-smooth movement of the GameCube games. Note that I said almost, as it doesn't quite live up to the past installments' standard; still, it's a vast improvement over past Wii FPS games that have vastly underperformed." (meaning its not better than the previous game cube metroids)

"You'll find yourself making much more use of the vast weapon selection this time around. Unlike previous titles, exploration has now been put on the back-burner in lieu of action. That might not sound like a bad thing, but there were far too many forced encounters for my liking; occasions where you enter a room only to be locked in with easily-dispatched enemies feel like superfluous attempts to extend the action.
More often than not, these events broke the puzzle-solving flow that the Metroid series is known for. Exacerbating the issue are the boss battles, which were well designed and compelling; this made the ordinary scuffles with lesser cronies seem that much weaker and more contrived."( just like game spot reviewer said it is not difficult and broke tradition that made metroid games fun)

Last edited:
OMG! When Gamespot wrote those reviews our Wii stopped working!

Wait, it didn't. Zelda still booted. We still had fun.

See how that works?

:D

Last edited:
[DT] said:
OMG! When Gamespot wrote those reviews our Wii stopped working!

Wait, it didn't. Zelda still booted. We still had fun.

See how that works?

:D
What? Those weren't from gamespot, but from ign, 1up, and gamepro, i had tons of others but couldn't fit them on there. and whats so funny is that they didn't mark the game down for its faults like gamespot did so they are biased against the nintendo, no they just keep it real it has faults it gets marked and noted. now what current gen game has gamespot given a 10 to and lets compare it to what other reviewers have to say.

I know that you still played your game hell i play all my games dispite what review it gets because i could care less what number point they give i read the review to get info on the game and whats in it, not base my game buying decision on it and then because i like the game better than the next call them biased.

Wario ware, and wii play, sold better then metroid and zelda but does that make it better games, No (well according to everyone elses logic sales say its better)
just because this game got a 10 does it make it great, no or just because this game got a 6.5 does that make it a bad game, no
Prince of persia got a low score but i find the game real fun.
mortal kombat got a low score but i find it more fun than i do wii play, or wario ware
Its all on what you play not on what reviewers say, no one is going to agree with every thing you like about something, or follow the crowed and just give it a 10

*reads through thread. Decides to buy games that he likes and not care about what reviewers say in general.*

Does anyone else hear the word "Opinion" floating about? Every review is an opinion. You find out which reviewers have the same general opinions as yourself and then you trust that reviewer with games you haven't played yet, because your tastes are similar on other things. That's how the review system works.

No one's opinions cannot be "better" than anyone else's because what's a "better" opinion is up to the person reading the review. So choose the reviewers you agree with most and stick with 'em. If you agree more often with Gamespot, then by all means, listen to gamespot. If you agree more often with IGN or Gameinformer (the category I tend to fall into) then by all means listen to them. Stop bloody well arguing over nonsense.
*leaves thread*

*props to yungblood6 for being so persistent about his argument XD

phillepino said:
*props to yungblood6 for being so persistent about his argument XD

Give him props for having a good vocab and great spelling ability as well.
Sure he makes good posts, I like the guy..but the spelling is horrendous.

As for not listening to all reviews, and go for your own thing or whatever?
Wow, what a good life lesson.
I was already aware of that, and was simply pointing out Gamespot's clear hatred for Nintendo as were everyone on here. Its kinda hard not to with the title of the thread. You always say things that strand away from your point as well, thinking you added more to your argument but really are just going away from it.

yungblood6 said:
What? Those weren't from gamespot, but from ign, 1up, and gamepro, i had tons of others but couldn't fit them on there. and whats so funny is that they didn't mark the game down for its faults like gamespot did so they are biased against the nintendo, no they just keep it real it has faults it gets marked and noted. now what current gen game has gamespot given a 10 to and lets compare it to what other reviewers have to say.

I know that you still played your game hell i play all my games dispite what review it gets because i could care less what number point they give i read the review to get info on the game and whats in it, not base my game buying decision on it and then because i like the game better than the next call them biased.

Wario ware, and wii play, sold better then metroid and zelda but does that make it better games, No (well according to everyone elses logic sales say its better)
just because this game got a 10 does it make it great, no or just because this game got a 6.5 does that make it a bad game, no
Prince of persia got a low score but i find the game real fun.
mortal kombat got a low score but i find it more fun than i do wii play, or wario ware
Its all on what you play not on what reviewers say, no one is going to agree with every thing you like about something, or follow the crowed and just give it a 10

And you love your damn rants about Wii Play.
That sells because its a good starter for new Wii owners, showing that new people are buying the console, and enjoyed the simplicity of Wii Sports.

well if you think about it, alllll game reviews are biased opinions, bias mean using YOUR opinion, not cold hard facts, if IGN gives it a 9.5 or what ever then thats bias aswell becuase they are using their opinion. maybe gomaspot are bigger douches then everyone else..i dont kow

i mostly agree with CantGetAWii

if u think about it though, i feel that Gamespot takes more time reviewing other consoles than the Wii

And. they are more strict towards the wii than other hardcore graphic consoles.

They have to realize how hard it is to adapt to the Wii's "new" console.

What did 360, PS3 had to offer? all i see is an improved graphic card, which doesnt really do much, except satisfy our society's need for better appearance.

We humans tend to judge the book by its cover.

Wii players tend to judge the book by how we read it. lol (with a wiimote yeah!)

I just joined Gamespot's forums as well as this forum, and here's what I found curious: when I registered at Gamespot, they offered me the opportunity to subscribe to e-newsletters for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Video Reviews, Special Offers, but NO newsletters available for Wii, DS, or any other Nintendo product. Which is fine, I don't find most newsletters useful. But, I thought it was curious since the Wii does seem to be a popular system.

Still joined both here and there because I like the user comments & reviews. I'm not that interested in what the folks who write about games for a living think, because they play at a much higher level than me. Users know what is FUN and many will gladly help out a clueless newbie like myself. Killer graphics are nifty but don't necessarily equal fun - one of the most popular and prolific games in history is TETRIS, what could be simpler?

Anyway, I'm not really qualified to state hard opinions about anything, I enjoy taking in all the information from everywhere, good and bad, then I play what I enjoy. I really like the articles on Gamespot, and I still love my Wii and all the wonderful games it plays!

Personally i think the game is great, and i love it, the controlls are great graphics great (for wii) and story is great,

but i would probably only give it 8/10 maybe 8.5/10

its great and all, but not new, not revolutionary, and i would most likely not even put it in my top 10 games, its just not that great.

but still i find it a hell of a lot better than Halo

Back