Nintendo Wii to you're favorite display, I found it!!!

I have the video upconverting on my receiver and there is no lag on game play. The picture seems to be a little better but I didn't think it looked that bad to begin with.

Instead of dropping $350 for a converter, you should just go somewhere like Costco and get a 20" HD-LCD for $300.

Last edited:
wiijunkie said:
I have the video upconverting on my receiver and there is no lag on game play. The picture seems to be a little better but I didn't think it looked that bad to begin with.

it doesn't look bad at all, but I want to move my Wii to my room
I can't buy Sony HDTV (I'm not buying other)
So this is my only hope till I graduate from University and get a REAL job.

Instead of spending $350 now so you can get a so-so picture why don't you save that money so you can buy your Sony TV sooner?

well you still need an HDTV to show the upscaled images...

and some people i know said saudi arabia was real cheap for electronics....?

You can probably find one for $200. Maybe a lil cheaper.

GaryT85 said:
well you still need an HDTV to show the upscaled images...

and some people i know said saudi arabia was real cheap for electronics....?

Hay Gary,
I bought my self a Mac Pro costs 13,000 SR (3466$) while in America 2500$+15%TAX
OK lets change I just bought my a self a Wii for 1900 SR (506$) Vs. 250$
another thing my NDS cost 1200 SR (320$) Vs. something allot cheaper
a SONY Full HDTV costs 11,666 (3,110$) Vs. 2,999$

you know the cheapest place I've ever been to buy decent Electronics for cheap was Tokyo, Akihabara
not fake china, the original stuff are so cheap for foreigners even for the Japanese them self
Saudi Arabia is a cheap place to live, not to Enjoy.
but the opposite anywhere else which is Expensive to live, cheap to Enjoy.

hotpotato78 said:
i Would have to say the big advantage that converter have over an hdtv is, its more portable. But thianks for the info jorge
What some of us are trying to say is that you won't get an upscaled resolution unless the TV is capable of showing that resolution. It is kind of like running high-definition signal to a standard definition television.

yeah i catch what you all are saying..... So i'm guessing that the images wouldn't look as good as the hdtv images. I was kinda puzzled anyway but hey cool though since hdtv's that cheap, might as well buy the tv. I should've known that anyway because the standard tv wasnt made to handle as much as hdtv's.

Just a warning...the ones that I have seen...an LCD HDTV under 32" looks like ****. I haven't seen any with a good picture quality.

Back