Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark OTVII

i dream of xenu
Feb 14, 2007
NY
Wii Online Code
5988-6040-4514-3565
As I was using Opera to browse around YouTube and watch some stupid, pointless entertainment for awhile, I noticed that the built-in dictionary file for word completion leaves out "Scientology", while "Christianity" made the list, among others.

This is overt religious intolerance and calculated exclusion on the part of Nintendo.

I, for one, am outraged.

Nintendo should be sued, their engineers and designers should be sued as individuals, the author of the dictionary file should be sued, any retail outlet or other distributor of Wii consoles should be sued, sued, sued.

you mean t9 imput???

theres a lot of words that arent in there. off the top of my head i can not think of any but i dont think it was intentional. they probably programed websters dictionary (or whatever dictionary they put inside the wii to spell)

its the same with cellphones. not all words are in that either...

eta- i think your being a little oversensative tom cruise

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i think your being a little oversensative...
Exactly, it could just be that they didnt have the space and/or time to include every known word in the english language and opted to go for the most popular and frequently used.

As large a religion as scientology may be, it's not larger than several others and thus dealt with less frequently.

Not to say that any religion is better/worse than others, but thats just the facts that some get more involvement than others.

Last edited:
and you no it is the trial internet channel the full one will be more updated

And Yet The Have The Tme To Add Koopa, Goomba, Bowser,Zelda, Metroid, And Many Other Nintendo-Relatedd Words? Actually... I'm Not Sure But I Think "Playstation" Is In There...

Mark OTVII said:
As I was using Opera to browse around YouTube and watch some stupid, pointless entertainment for awhile, I noticed that the built-in dictionary file for word completion leaves out "Scientology", while "Christianity" made the list, among others.

This is overt religious intolerance and calculated exclusion on the part of Nintendo.

I, for one, am outraged.

Nintendo should be sued, their engineers and designers should be sued as individuals, the author of the dictionary file should be sued, any retail outlet or other distributor of Wii consoles should be sued, sued, sued.

When you develop a game console, internet browser, dictionary, or any combination of the three, feel free to leave out Christianity and include Scientology.

I am glad that so many people are intelligent enough to realize I was joking.

Just striving to bring absurdity to the forefront... I love absurdity.

Mark OTVII said:

ok tom cruise. thank you for contributing for the spam...

is there a full moon or something out tonight that everyone is posting idiotic topics???

Mark OTVII said:

Just striving to bring absurdity to the forefront... I love absurdity.

damn my last post got there 10 seconds late :)

Mark OTVII said:

Really?! This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on so many levels.

You think this a intentional and calculated plot by Nintendo. REALLY?!

Come on, this is some kind of joke right?! I'm all for religious equality, but you cannot really believe this is Nintendo's way of discriminating against Scientologists. Maybe if they restricted us from accessing any Scientology website, then you may have a point, but even so there would be no grounds for taking legal action.

Edit- Grrr...just read your last post.

Last edited:
Rahnter said:
Come on, this is some kind of joke right?! I'm all for religious equality, but you cannot really believe this is Nintendo's way of discriminating against Scientologists. Maybe if they restricted us from accessing any Scientology website, then you may have a point, but even so there would be no grounds for taking legal action.

You nailed it. Only a joke.

MasterJedi2U said:
Wow if you had read the thread you'd notice that it was a JOKE...

Yeah... I was too busy trying to reply without being overly rude... but I still failed.

Sorry I called you dumb. :( :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back