NINTENDO's WII U will not play dvds

Think about it this way(I'm on the posters side), What if you already have a wiiu. Was stripped of your PS2, 3, or laptop or any $20 dvd player. Or what if this is all you got as a Christmas present because any of the others were or could have been another option. You have your favorite DVD and you can't watch it. Homebrew is an option but a risk and what if they can't do it.

Besides, the wii with its "channels"(emphasis on tha CH) seems as if it would be a good idea to have a "DVD Channel".

It could be at least used as a last resort.
And stop being know it alls.

Think about it this way(I'm on the posters side), What if you already have a wiiu. Was stripped of your PS2, 3, or laptop or any $20 dvd player. Or what if this is all you got as a Christmas present because any of the others were or could have been another option. You have your favorite DVD and you can't watch it.

Then that means you're poor like me and assed out. :lol:

Homebrew is an option but a risk and what if they can't do it.

Homebrew is incredibly safe, and you need very little expense wise to install it. There is a catch, of course; voiding your warranty and being unable to update the Wii. The catch often does outweigh what homebrew gives ya, though. In this case, I'd certainly rather invest in a DVD player than buying a new Wii if it's somehow factory-faulty or you physically break it, lol.

I'm not saying I don't want the Wii to have a DVD player, it'd be nice if it did. It'd be convenient, sure. But for people who aren't DVD junkies or, as everyone who should be buying a Wii in the first place should have the money to also purchase a DVD player, it's inconsequential. That is to say, almost everyone buying a Wii should have no use for a built in DVD player.

Nintendo would jack up the price a bit if they put in a DVD/Blu-ray/whatever player anyways.

And stop being know it alls.

Who's being a know-it-all? ¬_¬

You took that fair. I like you. Good side. You should see my wii, its limping with homebrew.

I didn't mean risky as in "Hack your wii, it may cost you a brick as in the block."

I mean it in general as in, "We enabled homebrew for the xbox360, but it requires some soldering knowlege..." and "We enabled homebrew for the PS3, but requires some possible jail time." and lets all not for forget "We enabled homebrew for the WIIU, but there's a chance that Nintendo will be like 'F**************************** IT!!! WE TRIED EVERYTHING! ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH REZNOV!!!' and turn Sega Style while Sony and Microsoft stand against new compatition.....APPLE'S NEW $999.999 DOLLAR GAMING CONSOLE WHICH WILL REVIVE YOUR DEAD SIBLINGS!"

Well...maybe the first example...

For the Poor thing, I'm am poor.....................but thats not the point. We were hopefully focusing on the homebrew part, right?

Last edited:
there's a chance that Nintendo will be like 'F**************************** IT!!! WE TRIED EVERYTHING! ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH REZNOV!!!' and turn Sega Style

I lol'd.

You would think they'l put solid effort into making the WiiU a little less hackable, though... It'l happen, but will it be as easy and accessible?

This reminds me of the fact that the DSi was officially hacked via SD slot the very first day it was released, lol. I'd **** bricked Wiis if someone could manage to do that with a home console.

Unless it is cost effective it is silly. Because it is better with a dvd player. Then I don't need a separate player and takes out half the clutter.

That doesn't matter.

I, myself, have 4 DVD players.

My PlayStation 2, regular DVD player, laptop, and portable DVD player with a screen.

Back