Wii DVDs

E-Roc2010

"Sasuke it to the max"
Feb 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
7990-7908-6210-2287
sorry if this has been asked before but i was wondering if they made DVDs specifically for the Wii would it be able to play them? You know like how they made PSP specific DVDs. So really what i want know is can dvds be played if there were wii specific ones or would they have to put/install sumthin into/onto the Wii?

Umm, you mean the UMDs for PSP? They are a different kind of optical discs, actually (minidisc), not DVD.

As for the question, if someone produces a video disc in Wii format, yeah I'm sure the Wii can play them. It has more than enough processing power for video decoding. But then again those discs would not be DVDs, DWiiD maybe :p

I can assure you that they will definitely not be producing Wii specific DVDs. There has been numerous threads on this topic previously , most discussing whether or not it will be a software update via download or a new version of the Wii console itself that has DVD playback capability. That being said can I ask why people even care about DVD playback with the Wii..doesn't everyone have a stand alone DVD player by now? They are cheap as dirt.

Actually I'm pretty sure that any Wiichat member has at least 2 DVD players on average, so I too don't get the point.

Xasf said:
Umm, you mean the UMDs for PSP? They are a different kind of optical discs, actually (minidisc), not DVD.

As for the question, if someone produces a video disc in Wii format, yeah I'm sure the Wii can play them. It has more than enough processing power for video decoding. But then again those discs would not be DVDs, DWiiD maybe :p

looool that was a good one :D

I have 3 DVD players plus my PS2. I was just asking a question that's all.

Back