NO IW isnt creating CoD5!

deadlydasher

Halo 3 & CoD4 & RB6V2
May 15, 2007
Yep their going back to the bad developers...that made the World War 2 games....and cod5 will take place in WWII :mad5: .....but some good news is IW will be making CoD6 and continuing from Cod4 modern warfare :wink:

Yup, and btw this is old news, most people already know this.

Also, from what I heard they are not making a "CoD6" instead they will be working on another franchise. But thats just what I heard.

Sorry this news is really old.. and when I say really old I mean late 2006...

(Treyarch will handle the odds. Infinity Ward the evens)

@Mushroomed- That's correct. Treyarch did develop Call of Duty: United Offensive and Call of Duty: The Big Red one has well though. (Which are basically slightly different versions of COD and COD2)

T3kNi9e- Where'd you hear that? From what I've heard they're staying with the COD franchise.

Last edited:
ATA? Im guessing you meant me?

Anyway, I heard it on the Xbox.com forums in the CoD4 forum. But now that I read that IW is owned by Activision, im pretty sure they will be doing CoD6.

Either way im still buying CoD5, now I duno how much ill play it, but ill probably end up going back to CoD4 after a while and maybe jumping back n forth depending how much treyarch can emulate/improve on CoD4's online. Since the campaign isn't really what I care about im not too worried.

CoD3 apparently had a great online but a shitty campaign. I doubt Treyarch will be able to top IW's campaign making skills so the reviews will probably be mid to high 8's possibly low 9's. But since CoD3 online was good, I have confidence they can atleast make a good WWII shooter.

But, since its WWII, its going to be hard to beat CoD4's online, so I still duno :p But I still will buy it.

Yeah, I read reviews of Call of Duty 3 (Most of which being very positive) and right away figured I'd love it. But, I really didn't care for the online. It just lacked that Call of Duty 2 quality that I loved. (So, I eventually went back to Call of Duty 2)

I don't remember much about the campaign, but I don't think I despised it as much as the online. I'm pretty sure I've got most of the achievements (Even though I'm against achievements) for the game. So, I figure I most have played it quite a bit.

But, I really hope that the online improves heavily from COD3. I really disliked it. But, I guess if it is bad, I've got COD4 to fall back on.

Oh, and I was too lazy to type in your name in my first post. It truly is a frustrating name to type.. (Even though I just added it)

If ur against achivements get CoD5 for ps3..lol =p

That actually sounds like something I could plausibly end up doing. Saying as I currently only have 3 PS3 games. Of course, I have a huge list of PS3 games I want next year. So.. I'll see what happens.

get Killzone..i rember i could of gotten a ps3 in 06 of christmas when it was 600 but i got a wii and a computer instead! which all added up to be 1,250 dollars:D

Actually PS3 is starting to copy Xbox with achievements. I heard DMC4 has achievements for PS3.

I like achievements, its nothing special but its a nice boost for having fun playing a game, as long as its not online achievements because those ruin the game online.

But IMO Sony was gay to copy off 360, I was hoping for something unique, not something I already have on my 360.

Back