no more zelda games

wiilike

Banned
Aug 21, 2007
I heard that way back, somewhere that there weren't going to be anymore zelda games. now, i don't really care about the portables (ex. ph) but i really want there to be other 3-d platformers.

also, if any of you guys can remeber, how long after wind waker was realesed did they announce tp? if it's one year then we should expect to hear something, if not, well maybe wait until 2008.

zelda games such as oot, mm, ww and tp are my favorite games because there's so much to do, so many sidequests (especially mm), fighting, puzzle, lasts for so long and has the best story that a video game can have.

if any of you know anything, please post it here. :wink:

I really doubt they stop making Zelda games because it's very popular and sell very well, so why would they stop making something that gives them money.

As for i know there aren't any zelda games for a near future, except PH. I don't think we'll have any news untile next year or maybe not haha i don't know. Just be patient :)

Last edited:
the most likely time to get news on the new zelda is jan-mar 2008

i really hope the new one won't take as long since they can just use the models the had in tp except make it a bit more realistic (maybe 60fps)

yeah they could do that, we could get a new zelda faster than the TP anyways last time they delayed it so it would come out with the Wii. Hopefully it won't take to long :D i want it now haha :lol:

I REALLY want another Zelda game like Twilight Princess. To me, that game was just epic. It got me into Zelda....better than OoT in my opinion (maybe not as revolutionary, but a better game...graphics aside).

I think it was these 3 things that got me into it:

1. The Look
Twilight Princess had a very mature look to it. Very awesome artwork! I loved how mature Link looked.

2. The Personality of the Characters
They put so much personality into the characters! Especially Midna. At times I laughed at her, felt bad for her, was angry at her...she was a typical woman (had me all over the place with mood swings). Even the side characters! Telma, the Shaman, Colin. Talia. All of them, it made the story great.

3. The controls
It was a 100% better experience on the Wii. I could actually control the type of attack Link did, the spin attack was way more accessible than the gamecube version.

I highly doubt Nintendo would abandon the Zelda franchise anytime soon. However, judging from what I've read, they are gung-ho about experimenting pretty heavily with the format/style of the game. So while we will probably get another Zelda game in 2008 or so, there's a good chance it'll be radically and extremely different than Twilight Princess. Think about how much some of the other Zelda games differ from each other. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo decided to try "something new".

Unfortunately, I'd prefer if they didn't. Of all the Zelda game styles, I think Twilight Princess is the best. They need to take that and improve on it, and just come up with a new story and plot. The Wii has plenty of room for improved graphics and the remote usage could be further refined without turning the game style upside-down (again). It hasn't always been for the better.

every zelda had it's very special thing:

zelda: ocarina of time
this was the first game that brought the series to a 3-d prespective and is intuetive with characters and the plot. the way the dramatic scenes from kakariko being set on fire to all the sages sealing ganon away is spectacular. it featured three types of swords, sheilds, tunics and boots which is a good feature to have if you don't always want to look or attack the same.

zelda: majora's mask
the main thing about this game was the very neat side-quests. it is very cool how they made this game. whenever i think about this game it's about a side-quest that took you really far into a story (ex. bunny hood girl, the inn, getting the sun mask or watching this very weird man dance in the middle of the night) this one had a time and certain things happened at different times so you'd have to go to different places on schedule.

zelda: wind waker
the idea of being able to explore an entire ocean is very cool. i'm still not even sure if i have explored every island yet. this game was a bit puzzling throught some of the later temples and has a decent storyline. a main aspect of zelda is being able to do things that make you forget about saving the princess or beating ganondorf (ex. trying to purchase things at the auction house). this game also introduced some new items.

zelda: twilight princess
this zelda by far, has the most dramatic storyline. it improved graphics alot and revived epona after what wind waker brought. midna, a new addition to the series, can make your emotions feel for her, be angry and sometimes wonder if she's evil. the improved feature of being able to fish is wonderful and life-like. switching back to the style that ocarina had, twilight princess made it possible to carry 2 swords and sheilds. in every other zelda game, you'd only be able to carry your newest one. link is also more understood and the evil in this game actually seems like something harmful. also, having to beat two villians at the end is even better, although i wish they were harder. twilight princess takes the longest to beat out of all of the zelda series and is the most mature one up to date.

I personally would not want to see the Zelda series die. It's my favorite Nintendo franchise, and I LOVED TP and think they can do better on the Wii, so I'd be devastated.

I know a lot of people who complained about TP, but I personally liked it and saw it as a sort of testing the waters game. It was kind of like Nintendo was testing what they could do with Link on the 'cube.
So I think if Nintendo takes what was good about TP and builds on it, the next Zelda game will be really stellar.

Up until Twilight Princess there was a Zelda game every 2 years, with TP coming 4 years after the last.

i heard somwer (dont ask me wer my memory is ****) that they were making a new zelda that took place in d future it even had some drawings in the article 2

A futuristic Zelda is fake, very fake... was an april fools joke from wiitv.com look here

I think placing all the elements of The legend of Zelda and placing them in a very distant and modern future would be a bad Idea. Would take away the escense of the game, i think. Why have link fighting with lazer guns and riding a motorcycle. It's just wrong or at least that's what i think.

Last edited:
im sure we'll hear something from nintendo soon enough, they wouldnt make twilight princess without saying that it was gonna be the last console zelda game

Back