No Wii Sports Resort at GDC?? What Gives !!!

More kids need to realize that MotionPlus was made by a different company and that the technology didn't exist(and in a way still doesn't) until recently.

You're half right. The tech used is simply a gyroscope (solid state MEMS, not the mechanical spinning top kind), which has been around for a while (r/c helicopters have been using these for years for heading hold for example). However, the tech really hasn't existed in a small enough form factor or has been energy efficient enough (not to mention cost effective enough, the gyro's you buy for r/c heli's are definitely not cheap and cost much more than a Wii Remote) to build into a video game controller, which are the real reasons this was not built in from the start. I can't be arsed to find a quote for this, but a couple of months after they showed the M+ at E3 last year, it was mentioned that they were in fact still working on getting it's power usage down to a reasonable level (since it feeds off the Wii Remote batteries).

More kids need to realize that MotionPlus was made by a different company and that the technology didn't exist(and in a way still doesn't) until recently.

I browse through plenty of lousy rants about how "Nintendo should have added it in the first place." or "Why did Nintendo sell us a half finished product?"

What they also fail to realize is if Nintendo did decide to perfect the Wii remote along with Wii MotionPlus, the Wii would have a release date of Winter 2009. Arriving 4 years late to the generation and giving Microsoft and Sony years to capture the market while Gamecube sales deteriorate to zero consoles sold a year and fans across the globe losing hope.

The Wii remote tech was as current as can be in late 2006, even ahead of its time. It's ridiculous to have asked for more at that time!

Analogy: Wow!! Toyota introduced the flying car in 2012 but that thing could only hit 50 miles per hour. AND JUST NOW IN 2016 they figured out how to max out the speed to 120 miles per hour. STUPID TOYOTA!! Why didn't you include it in the first place!!

They wouldn't have even bothered looking into fixing this problem had it not been for core gamers, and Nintendo's desire to cater to them still (hard for some to believe I'm sure).

We all know the casuals would be content with what we have now, but others wanted more and eventually we will get it.

Nintendo I'm sure could have done something like this from the start if their goal was to wow core gamers, but they took a different approach which is still alright.

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo decides to look into HD gaming in similar ways to motion plus.

They wouldn't have even bothered looking into fixing this problem had it not been for core gamers, and Nintendo's desire to cater to them still (hard for some to believe I'm sure).

We all know the casuals would be content with what we have now, but others wanted more and eventually we will get it.

Nintendo I'm sure could have done something like this from the start if their goal was to wow core gamers, but they took a different approach which is still alright.

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo decides to look into HD gaming in similar ways to motion plus.

i can totally agree with that. well put

Back