nunchuks difficult to find

elmo_999

Wii launch Owner
Nov 28, 2006
BC (go nucks and lions)
I was at the video store the other day and they had gotten a new shipment of remotes 2 or 3 days earlier. anyways, they had 2 remotes, about 6 points cards and 2 1gig sd cards. i grabbed a remote and went to the front desk and asked if they had any nunchuks, and the guy told me that for every 4 remotes made, 1 nunchuk is made... WELL THAT SUCKS!! i really want to try red steel multiplayer. can someone maybe add what the remotes-to-vc controller ratio is.

elmo_999 said:
I was at the video store the other day and they had gotten a new shipment of remotes 2 or 3 days earlier. anyways, they had 2 remotes, about 6 points cards and 2 1gig sd cards. i grabbed a remote and went to the front desk and asked if they had any nunchuks, and the guy told me that for every 4 remotes made, 1 nunchuk is made... WELL THAT SUCKS!! i really want to try red steel multiplayer. can someone maybe add what the remotes-to-vc controller ratio is.

www.ebay.com

Type Wii nunchuk... you'll find more than one! Better yet here is a direct link!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=wii+nunchuk&category0=

Last edited:
I'm sure there are a lot less VC-controllers but at the same time there are less people buying them.
Get GAMECUBE controllers though... cheaper, work for both VC and gamecube games, might be required for Super Smash Brothers

Not sure on the 4:1 either but that sounds false... it must be 2:1... Nintendo isn't that stupid, or are they:idea:

I'm also having trouble get a nunchuck though so you may be right

My Wal-mart has 7 Wiimotes, 4 classic controllers, 5 Wii points cards, and 3 SD cards, and we have no nunchucks. Go figure.

LOL sucks for people, near me the target (kinda in a retirment community) is stocked full so i dont have to worry bout that :p

I highly doubt 4:1 is likely. I ordered a Wiimote and nunchuck from Nintendo's official store. The Wiimote shiped right away but the nunchuck was backordered for 2 days but then shipped so no real biggie for me. Classic controller is hard as hell to find. I still have one backordered at Nintendo. No stores near me have them. The GC controller won't work for all VC games. There will be some that are strictly classic controller. At least that's what Nintendo is still saying so it's worth getting the classic controller if you see one.

Same here - difficult to find nunchucks or remotes (or classic controllers, for that matter). I happened to get lucky and a Gamestop guy told me when they were getting a shipment in. When I got there, the truck came like 10 minutes earlier. They got 11 nunchucks. A few were already gone, I got mine, and a few people in line after me wanted one too. I guarantee you they were gone within an hour max.

It's all luck....or eBay, of course.

I put in an order for a nunchuk and a classic controller and the nunchuk shiped a couple days later and the vc controller is on back order till the 18th

I called every Target / Wal-Mart / EB Games type store in my area within 50 miles and only ONE Target had any Nunchuck controllers. They only had 2 and I bought both of them. Almost an hour drive, but now I have 2 so i'm gtg for a while.

There have been a shortage of Wii Accessories in general at the store I work at. We only get maybe 4 Wii Remotes and 2-3 Nunchucks, and the Nunchucks happen to sell way faster, probably because they're less expensive. As for the classic controller and point cards, we surprisingly have enough of those to last us until Feburary.

Today I got 10 Nunchucks, 10 Wiimotes and NO CLASSIC CONTROLLERS. I was PISSED. We have TONS around here in the back they have BOXES full of everything but CLASSIC CONTROLLERS.

Omie said:
Today I got 10 Nunchucks, 10 Wiimotes and NO CLASSIC CONTROLLERS. I was PISSED. We have TONS around here in the back they have BOXES full of everything but CLASSIC CONTROLLERS.

Why? So you can make a 2 dollar profit out of it all? Go get a ****ing life, people like you are the reason for shortages.

Kamikaze said:
Why? So you can make a 2 dollar profit out of it all? Go get a ****ing life, people like you are the reason for shortages.
Not trying to make a profit. I know people need them so I buy it for them. These are selling on ebay for $60-$70 thats more then $2 profit. If you knew my situation I think you would be more understanding, but you dont so its ok. I dont need to explain myself to you.

This must be a country-based thing, coz here in the UK classic controllers, wiimotes, nunchucks, memory cards, rgb scart leads, wiimote sheaths, pretty much everything you can get is off-the-shelf stuff.

The Wii itself tho is rarer than hobby horse sh*t.

Back