Nvidia Says Graphics Matter

Of course graphics matter. Good graphics make it easier to create awesome games. But that's not to say the only awesome games are those which have better graphics.

Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time weren't too far apart, and Wind Waker had easily higher quality graphics, yet people very frequently preferred Ocarina of Time.

im not to focused on graphics. as long as the game is really good and fun. who cares, i mean i dont want some original super mario graphics but yea.

It is no supprise, after all PS3 does use their graphics chip. Anyway I think his compairson of the TV makes no sense. Nintendo never said that graphics should jump backwards over gamplay (black/White TV vs. color tv comparison). Nintendo stated that graphics doesn't need to be all that great to make a game good. Graphics has pretty much reach a level at the current state that gameplay should be the main focus. Nintendo never said that graphics should revert to the NES days. Such a stupied compairson.

pkyermom said:
see nintendo didn't mean that graphics don't matter, they said "Nintendo's assertion that graphics have reached a saturation point" hence the saturation point? i agree completely, the graphics on the wii are perfectly fine, who give a fcuk if i cant see wrinkles that well in some guys face? wanna now my opinion? big ****ing deal. sure graphics have a point, but would you be owning wiis if they costed 600 bucks a piece? i don't think so, and that's how much it would have been with high def. sure graphics are a good thing, from 16 bit graphics to what we have now is a hell of a revolution, but gameplay beats graphics. now... if it was graphics like the frist zelda compared to like.... the ps3, then ok we're like a mile apart. but the wii to the ps3 is like... an inch apart. no big effin deal.

This has got to be the most sense ive ever heard in my life...amen to that

YES, Graphics matter, but no where near as much as gameplay. The thing about
the black&white 7" tv is stupid. It's like saying if pacman had high-def or pong instead of little paddles it had a high-def picture of some p0rn would make it x100 better even though it gets old quick and is repetitive.

graphics do matter....but I think when Nintendo said it they meant graphics dont need to look like the ps3 or 360 in order for a game to be good...but Nintendo made a good choice to try to make the system affordable!

Last edited:
Back