Official Baseball Talk

FWELR said:
you guys do offseason firesales, everybody know that.

You act like we do it every year. Once in '98 and a "market correction" in '06.

They complain about not having a CF but they do nothing.

Marlins lose again. 3-7 in there last 10 and 11 GB of 1st in the East. The wildcard isn't much better. :drool:

Last edited:
Big_League_Slugger said:
You act like we do it every year. Once in '98 and a "market correction" in '06.

They complain about not having a CF but they do nothing.

Marlins lose again. 3-7 in there last 10 and 11 GB of 1st in the East. The wildcard isn't much better. :drool:
i still believe that you guys have the best strategy of all the MLB

you started by drafting right, then your players got hella good, you win a title, trade em all for prospects so you don't have to pay them the big bucks, and repeat.

you guys have 2 more titles than we do in the past 14 years.

FWELR said:
i still believe that you guys have the best strategy of all the MLB

you started by drafting right, then your players got hella good, you win a title, trade em all for prospects so you don't have to pay them the big bucks, and repeat.

you guys have 2 more titles than we do in the past 14 years.

That is not the teams intention to do that. The first time, the pig of a boss crater face decided that he wasn't making enough money on the team so he traded all our pieces for NOTHING. Then he gives the next owner(s) the worst lease every none to man.

Reason for the "market correction",

1. The marlins make NO MONEY on parking, luxury boxes, and next to nothing on everything else.

2. No one goes to the games for various reasons.

Las Vegas Marlins, im tellin ya, it'll work.

Today's Game: Rahje (is that how he spells it?) laid down a beautiful bunt, and single-handedly started a rally in the Top 8th and Bengie Molina (aka God in clutch situations) knocked him home.

Timmy in line for win 4-2 Giants after 7 1/2

FWELR said:

Today's Game: Rahje (is that how he spells it?) laid down a beautiful bunt, and single-handedly started a rally in the Top 8th and Bengie Molina (aka God in clutch situations) knocked him home.

MLB won't let the marlins move from South Florida. They want to have a team in South Florida because of the media market. The Marlins TV rating are line 14th out of 30 teams.

Las Vegas will not have a MLB team.

FWELR said:

What about the Indianapolis Marlins? Indianapolis has both a football and a basketball team but no baseball. I always pondered why they don't have a baseball team.

Big_League_Slugger said:
IF the Marlins went somewhere else I'm sure the name would change.
You never know...The Minneapolis Lakers were moved to Los Angeles, name never changed, and in Los Angeles, there are NO lakes.

Last edited:
maddmaxx46 said:
You never know...The Minneapolis Lakers were moved to Los Angeles, name never changed, and in Los Angeles, there are NO lakes.

I think the reason why they kept the name the name because of the performance of the Minneapolis Lakers from 1947-1960.

Plus I think nowadays teams want to be able to represent where they are from.

anyone want Kyle Farensworth? You can have it very cheap. If i was cashman i would take a pack of sunflower seeds for him. He is so bad.. Yanks lost a wild one today and a bad day in general since the redsox and indians won.... Ouch!

Marlins are up on the Rockies 3-2 in the 8th. The marlins are 0 for 6 with men in scoring opp., and countless double plays.

I am willing bet that we will give up the lead and lose.

Speck of the devil, 3-3 game. Benitez gave up RBI triple in 8th.

And.......sac fly 4-3 Rockies also in the 8th.

Do I know my team or what?:rolleyes:

Marlins Lose 4-3 And the last play was ANOTHER double play.

Last edited:
Back