Official Baseball Talk

haha, GIANTS get 1st win!!!

i seriously thought benitez would blow it, though. bullpen's gonna bug me all year. btw, anybody actually play baseball? i used to, but i sucked, so i became an umpire. primary mode of funding my Wii games.

I play. I can't bat. I am a pretty good bunter but I am scared of da ball! lol but for some reason I like to catch and pitch. I've got MVP 3 years in arow! woot! haha maybe cause I played in 8-13 now its 13- 15 in a HUGEEEEEE ballpark.

p.s. umpires get paid 7 dollers here...

I play high school baseball. This is my senior season of it but I don't start. I started the year at second base but there were too many good fielders so he put some of the other fielders in the outfield. Right now, I play right field but I broke my arm 2 years ago and I can't throw the ball as far as I used to. I'm batting .333 right now :smilewinkgrin: .

maddmaxx46 said:
I play high school baseball. This is my senior season of it but I don't start. I started the year at second base but there were too many good fielders so he put some of the other fielders in the outfield. Right now, I play right field but I broke my arm 2 years ago and I can't throw the ball as far as I used to. I'm batting .333 right now :smilewinkgrin: .

Cool, keep us updated on your season/stats.

Tampa Bay is going down. Jays will beat them.

team W L PCT GB
Toronto 1 1 .500 -
Boston 2 2 .500 -
NY Yankees 1 1 .500 -
Tampa Bay 1 1 .500 -
Baltimore 0 3 .000 1.5

baltimore will stay at the bottom! and Jays will hopefully stay in the top 2

I'll be catching the Yankee game @ 7:30 tonight. Let's hope they lose. If the Yankees lose and Jays win, then they will be #1 in the current standings.

Yankees will win!!

Attachments

• 18_7_35.gif
    18_7_35.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 19
Brew Crew 2-1. Upcoming series against the Cubbies. I don't think we will lose one! :)

Before the road to Florida prediction 5-1.

ilikecookies said:
p.s. umpires get paid 7 dollers here...

I get paid 25 dollars for behind the plate (6 innings or 2 hours, whichever comes first) and 20 dollars for being in the field (1st, 2nd, or 3rd). problem is there's only one field umpire, so i like being behind the plate more. now that the season's really started, im making about a wii game/week (50 dollars).

Anyaway, if you're wondering, why I like the Mets when my Wii name is Arod, my name is Alex Rodriguez (dead serious) so my friends call me Arod. Still, I'm not a Yankee fan.

Watching the game as I speak.

FWELR said:
I get paid 25 dollars for behind the plate (6 innings or 2 hours, whichever comes first) and 20 dollars for being in the field (1st, 2nd, or 3rd). problem is there's only one field umpire, so i like being behind the plate more. now that the season's really started, im making about a wii game/week (50 dollars).
Do you do boys or girls games? Around here, umpires get paid more to do the girls softball games so that's what I'll probably umpire this summer. Boys games only have home plate umpires and the coaches from the previous game do the bases. You get 20 dollars from the boys games. And then what you described is exactly what you get when you do the girl's games.

maddmaxx46 said:
Do you do boys or girls games? Around here, umpires get paid more to do the girls softball games so that's what I'll probably umpire this summer. Boys games only have home plate umpires and the coaches from the previous game do the bases. You get 20 dollars from the boys games. And then what you described is exactly what you get when you do the girl's games.

Boys (actually there's like 1-2 girls every year), from ages 9-12. but there are 3 leagues
Mustang 1 9-10 sucky kids 6 innings
Mustang 2 9-10 good kids 6 innings
Bronco 11-12 more experienced kids, all one league. 7 innings

There are specific rules for each league, and since they're not affiliated with a softball league, I only do hardball.

Here's how my Little League system works:

AA - 6-8
AAA - 8-10
Minors - 10-12
Majors - 13 - 14
Babe Ruth - 15+

Umpires usually get paid around $20 each game, I've umped once, behind the plate, it was great.

FWELR said:
Boys (actually there's like 1-2 girls every year), from ages 9-12. but there are 3 leagues
Mustang 1 9-10 sucky kids 6 innings
Mustang 2 9-10 good kids 6 innings
Bronco 11-12 more experienced kids, all one league. 7 innings

There are specific rules for each league, and since they're not affiliated with a softball league, I only do hardball.
Yeah, and the younger kids are a lot more boring because they don't get anything done. Umping is such a great job though. 10 to 12 dollars an hour is a pretty decent earning.

Back