Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

demonflair said:
Which post Jam?

And stop complaining n00b. Will get you nowhere..

little obvious much?

It was a question, not a moan or complaint:yesnod:

Iceman.png

ComeNGetMeV2.png

Hmm. My first attempt to use PhotoShop. *points to sig*
Would anyone be able to rate it 1-10, and tell me how I could improve?

unluckylink13 said:
It is simple but it looks pretty good for a first piece. Here are a few pointers:

- Work on the background.
- Show more of the render.
- Make the text smaller.

There are many tutorials that can help you improve. Happy Sig making. :)

Monsteroids said:
I made me first sprite tag! C&C!
Ermm, Monsteroids. >.<

The background and everything looks really weird, bad colors tbh. Bad text placement and colors. When you do a sprite sig, it usually involves a lot of smudging (that's one of the only ways a sprite sig looks good), this just looks like you did a bunch of random effects. :/ Your sig canvas is also much to large for such a small sprite with no effects on him. I liked your old one a lot better.

@Monsteroids

I suggest that you work on blending in the text with the signature. Also, you may want to look up tutorials for various sprite signatures in order to help you learn how to make a good sprite signature.

unluckylink13 said:

Looks good for a first try. Better than my very first sig i made some years ago. Make sure to use some more blending effects to get better results, such as blurring, filters, etc.

Monsteroids said:
I made me first sprite tag! C&C!
I personally think that the BG is a little too busy. Like Tyler mentioned, just use some soft smudging techniques for sprite Sigs and also make the canvas smaller because there are a lot of empty areas for such a small sprite.

Example of a sprite sig that I made, that I think is "alright". It's very small and soft, but that's how they're supposed to be; lots of color variation too, but that's your choice...

Sprite_sig.png

Back