oh yes more speculation about the microphone

Sam_Harris

Jul 29, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
8426-6514-9175-8079
hey as you all probably know that opera is the ip for the wii (yell in the background "we know that already") yeah shut up you any way i was on their site and they have a thing called Opera with voice ohhhhhh and this is how it goes....... you talk into the headphones and it does what you tell it to ohhh Sam that was amazing why thankyou well hold the applause we havent gotten to the speculation bit yet now have we although all of you guessed that if opera has a voice command system then you would be able to use a microphone (there some speculation for ya) to search through the internet on the wii and so this solves the wii has no keyboard problem ok heres the site now im going to go try out this voice command stuff right now tata

http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/voice/

*applause* clever very clever. That seems very likely although if there is no microphone then how will we browse hmmmm....

It better be more comfortable than the X-box live headset after awhile your ears begin to get sore and you have to stop

i wouldnt know i never used them i have never had any but nintendo

The voice comand on Opera for PC version is quite queer, i mean everytime i say something i get that stupid voice back that says "unrecognised command" or something similar, i stopped using Opera within 1 hour and switched to the one and only true browser, Firefox. I hope they make Opera for Wii cooler than wat it is for pc.

I was thinking about voice recognition becasue the microsoft word one is really bad

i had firefow but for some reason it was really slow so i changed to opera because i dont like ie

yeah i think it may only be an optionn like maybe they will have a onscreen keyboard

It'll be an onscreen keyboard almost certainly. I tried Opera only for the voice feature and it's not very well developed, although it does work sometimes. The Wii browser will be nice for me, then i can browse the net from my living room :D.

Umm, I'm sure there could or is already out a USB-Keyboard..but yah I've been hearing a lot about this lately, Nintendo has had this paten for a long time and have been working on it a lot lately...

They Probably Have A Headset Connected By USB Ports In The Back Of The Wii

This is a cool idea but USB keyboards and on-screen keyboards is more likely. I have a USB keyboard for my 360 for FF11 and that's great.

Have you guys seen that video of some Microsoft guy using a program like this?

It's so funny. He trys to say: "Dear mom comma" and it says "dear aunt,".

Through the whole presentation it messes up.

slurba said:
Have you guys seen that video of some Microsoft guy using a program like this?

It's so funny. He trys to say: "Dear mom comma" and it says "dear aunt,".

Through the whole presentation it messes up.

Yeah, that is funny. Stupid M$, that guy must've been soooo embarrased!!

Back