One-Handed for 1 armed players?

Wicke [CONIN]

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
I only have 1 arm. Im confused about the one handed remote system. Will I be able to play most of the games with 1 controller? Or do you need the nunchuk with the remote? And can the games needing 2 controllers be setup to use only 1?:aureola:

Many games only require one hand however more interactive games will need to use the nunchuck. This however really is the only console suited for one-handed players. Games would include Wiisports, Excite Truck, Wii play and many more

So with 1 arm Im only going to be able to play the simpleist games? I like to play in depth games. i guess sports games will be easy 1 handed. Think I should wait to buy the platform until more games come out. Dont want to be buying the platform and stuck in the kiddie games.

Just out of curiosity..were you born with one arm or was it some accident?

Wicke [CONIN] said:
So with 1 arm Im only going to be able to play the simpleist games? I like to play in depth games. i guess sports games will be easy 1 handed. Think I should wait to buy the platform until more games come out. Dont want to be buying the platform and stuck in the kiddie games.

I would not say that. It's not about simplicity of game but controls needet. I think you can rule out fps games from the start and most likely fighting games but there is buch of good games that you would be able to play and simple controls does not mean kiddie games. ;)

Allso for one that asked yep you can play Exite Truck with one hand just grab mote from middle of it so it requires a bit of adjusting.

Wicke [CONIN] said:
I only have 1 arm. Im confused about the one handed remote system. Will I be able to play most of the games with 1 controller? Or do you need the nunchuk with the remote? And can the games needing 2 controllers be setup to use only 1?:aureola:
some wii sports games allow u just to use the wiimote. wii play games also allow u to use the wiimote only.

racing games are possible but it will be awkward to reach for the buttons.

You can play Ps3/GC etc games with one hand as well. It just takes a lot of adjusting.

But many Wii games should be easy to play with one hand.

Back