One-handed Wii games

ATIV7220

WiiChat Member
Aug 7, 2009
My grandfather had a stroke a number of years ago so he is only able to use one hand. He likes playing games on an old PC but my aunt decided to get him a Wii. He can't use a nunchuck and he won't be able to balance on a Wii fit board. I've had a very hard time finding information on available Wii games confirming that they only require the Wii-mote. Does anyone know where I can find a full list of games and their input devices? Hopefully there aren't too many like Wii Sports that are a mix of Wii-mote only and Wii-mote w/nunchuck.

Thank you in advance.

You can look on the back of game containers and it will tell you which controller types can be used for that particular game. Some games, however,]like Sonic and the Secret Rings won't help though because although you only use the Wii remote, you have to hold it with two hands like a joystick.

Endless Ocean is definitely a one handed game.

Echoing what Fox said .. .. .. the number of wiimote only games that use the wiimote sideways and not just as a pointer is limited unfortunately.

As captainff mentioned, Endless Ocean would be very appropriate.
Other games I have that can be played one-handed:
- Boom Blox (I only have the first, so can't be absolutely certain about Bash Party, but I don't think they changed the play style from the first)
- Mercury Meltdown Revolution
- Zack & Wiki

These 3 games are all cartoony action-puzzle games, however they do require a somewhat steady hand, so if your grandfather suffers significant tremors they may be more frustrating than fun for him.

Any of the on-rails shooters should be appropriate as well, depending on whether your grandfather might enjoy shooting monsters with language and gore (ala House of the Dead games, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, there are others but these ones are the most well recieved, but again, violent with monsters and gore and language).

There was a thread about this before, but I think it was lost in the crash.
I had come across a website that dealt specifically with gaming for one-handed players, but for the moment I can't find it again. I will update when/if I come across it.

Back