Online Gaming in 2008?

d3moliti0n

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2007
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
1068-5484-5040-5014
Hey there

Well I was wondering what are some of the games being released in 2008 that are gonna have a pretty good online component apart from Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (it's not out yet in the UK). As I don't really like games were I have to rely on other people to play and prefer to complete the single player part of the game then play the online part of the game. So are there any other titles that are set to have good online multi-player in 2008 other than the 3 I've listed?

Thanks for your help and time.

Last edited:
A few others:

Super Mario Stadium Baseball
(I'm gonna predict) Call of Duty 5
Guitar Hero 4
Worms: A Space Oddity
Civilization Revolution
(Possibly) Spore (May not come out until 2009)
New Bond game
Endless Ocean (Not out in the States)
Bomberman Wii

I'm sure there's more left and more to be announced, but that's a pretty good list right there in my opinion.

How is it possible that Nintendo doesn't have plans for an online bowling game? Ever since the Wii came out with Wii Sports, people have been saying that Wii Bowling should be an online game with leagues and whatnot. I think they are completely missing the boat with not putting out a bowling title for online play. Anyone heard anything about something like that coming out?

There's a few bowling games out, but I don't think any go online. Of course, I'd be very surprised if we don't a Wii Sports 2 eventually with online leaderboards and whatnot. I do very much like your idea of leagues though. That'd be a very cool addition.

I think nintendo got caught off guard by how many adults with kids play the wii. An online bowling league is a perfect way of being able to do something social without having to get a babysitter. A lot of our friends have a Wii and we would all sign up for an online league to play in. We can put together a league now, but you never know who would cheat when the scores are reported, so it would be nice to be able to have an online league keep track of scores and whatnot. It would be great to be able to sign up online with as many mii's as you want and then pick and choose which teams you wanted to be on. So if myself and another person in my household wanted to be on the same team, we would simply sign up two of our Mii's. And if we wanted to be on the same team as our friends, we could start a bowling team, and have them join it or vice versa. So we could all play from our homes, but still be on the same team. I have a bad feeling that if they made it, you would only be allowed to have one person from head Wii system play online at the same time. It seems like a basic concept, but I think the coding and whatnot would be more complicated to allow more than one player from each house to play on the same team. I know they do it on 360 with the shooter games and a split screen, but not sure if they could make it happen on the Wii.

I think a Wii sports 2 would be a great idea for online play. They could have boxing online, where you could go up and down the rankings. Same thing with tennis. You could do singles and doubles teams there. Online play for Wii sports would be a great idea. Let's just hope someone at Nintendo thinks of this soon!!

Last edited:
Back