Other ways to get Wii updates?

bumbeh

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2007
I have a wireless network at my house and but i do not have a high speed connection, its a wireless dial up setup, and it is been trying to update for about 2 hours now. I was wondering if i there is any way to download the update from the internet some where and burn it to a cd or put it on a sd card and install the update from there.

i already have a wireless connection its just realy slow. that why i was asking if like a friend could download it and burn it for me.

Might be easier to take it to your friend's house and download from his high-speed wireless connection. (Or anywhere else you can get a high-speed signal.) It would be nice to download it from PC to SD card and update from that.

bumbeh said:
I have a wireless network at my house and but i do not have a high speed connection, its a wireless dial up setup, and it is been trying to update for about 2 hours now. I was wondering if i there is any way to download the update from the internet some where and burn it to a cd or put it on a sd card and install the update from there.

No, it must be downloaded directly from Nintendo to the Wii.

Well i ended up doing this and it took me about 4 hours to get it :( not fun but thats done with that for now... till the next update

elmo_999 said:
thats a waste of money lol. get the wifi usb connesctor. i got it cause we have dont have a wireless router. works good and it works for ds and wii

If you read the thread he said he already has a wireless network, he is just on dial-up so the update feature doesn't work so well. He needs a highspeed connection.

Other then being slow as junk it works for the purposes that i need it to. I am in a temporary house and once i move i will be getting the high speed but it works for now. The weather chan works out pretty well but the news i havent been able to get in to. I was told it takes a while to load the first time. Also the wii shop channel i am trying to get in to that now to see whats in there. I have herd this also takes a little to load, so ill go get a shower do some dishes and see how that goes, but other then the internet witch was not my reason of purchase i love my wii. cant wait till i get my other games in the mail.

Nintendo is also allowing people to send in their Wii's and they'll update them for you. Not sure if the price, if any, or the turn around time, but I very seriously doubt it's less than 4 hours.

Back