Overheated xbox 360

When a person does not realize what "Room Temperature" means, I don't think "Well, that's a common mistake" I simply think "Wow, this guy is an idiot"

Sorry, but that's just what it is... Also I think it's more than just a "saying" Im pretty sure u can probably learn that in a grade school science book.

Also please take this personally because you deserve every bit of it for coming in this thread trying to be a smart ass.

There are many odd, but general expressions. Like a foot as height measurement, or pound as a weight measurement. We still accept and use them regardless. Welcome to the English Language buddy. Room Temperture is just a standard set temperature that you can make comparisons to. Stop whining and live with it. It's found in many instruction sets and used in most Grade School Chemistry courses.

Sorry for the thread derailment.

Cool pads and Tech Support were both very viable suggestions. Modding is a risky business my friend. I suggest that you are very tech savy before diving into your 360. I have used a cooling pad for both my laptop and 360 and can confidently say that they work wonders for both. Shouldn't cost too much.

Last edited:
Fun stuff, so whatever my room temperature actually is, is irrelevant... Yet room temperature is an acceptable method for knowing it's not causing your Xbox overheating issues, because it's room temperature, and we had to learn that in science class?

And I'm a, not that sociable, smart ass, idiot?

What else is in today's lesson professor?

Scientific definition:

For scientific calculations, room temperature is often taken to be 24 to 25.5 degrees Celsius, 528 to 537 degrees Rankine (°R), or 293 to 296.5 kelvin (K), with an average of 21 °C, about 70 degrees Fahrenheit (°F).[3] For numerical convenience, either 20 °C or 300 K is often used. However, room temperature is not a precisely defined scientific term as opposed to Standard Temperature and Pressure, which has several, slightly different, definitions.

Now that we have that out of the way...

Room temperature (also referred to as ambient temperature) is a common term to denote a certain temperature within enclosed space at which humans are accustomed. Room temperature is thus often indicated by general human comfort, with the common range of 7°C (44°F) to 32°C (90 °F), though climate may acclimatize people to higher or lower temperatures.

So by that definition, 90 degree F *could* be warm enough to overheat a 360. Yet I am the smart ass, and the idiot, that's not very sociable. Just because I'm not a walking dictionary or encyclopedia, doesn't mean I don't know what the common term means.

My favorite part is this...

Yet small temperature differences have large effects on many natural processes. Therefore scientists who do observe a distinction between the two specifications may be sticklers about which one to apply. For example, heat given off by electronics or motors may warm the area around an experiment relative to the rest of a room. Under such circumstances, and depending on the question under investigation, some scientists would consider it inaccurate to report that an experiment took place at room temperature.

So since you guys want to be captain ****ing obvious... Your Xbox gives off heat. So although your room my be "room temperature" the area directly around your Xbox probably is not... So there's your scientific lesson for today...

Hahaha Sprinter you're taking this out of proportion xD. It's not that big of a deal bro. Stop trying to defend your dignity on a forum. We don't care that much. You shouldn't either.

And yeah. The OP hasn't said anything since the beginning of the thread. How'd it work out?

Call Microsoft and ask them what the problem is and how you can fix it (If possible).
I've heard there aggravating....is it worth it(will they help at all is what I mean)

There are fans u can buy for your 360 but those will just kill your xbox because it works against the turbines already put on your Xbox and/or it just pulls more current.
Yeah I had the intercooler thing so I guess that didn't help ._.

try getting a chill pad, their designed for laptops but i hear they can do wonders for your xbox.
I use an Antec Computer fan on my computer. Here is a picture(all the way to right is exactly what mine looks like)

1228090189-18384_full.jpg

Ummm yeah not sociable, ok then...

Guess I am the only person on the planet that thinks when somebody points out that their room is "room temperature" you don't read that and go, "well no ****!?!?!"

That's one of the dumbest sayings of all time. What's next? My green grass is green?

At any rate, I doubt there are any rooms out there that are room temperature, that are going to cause a 360 to overheat in my most places this time of year... Unless your room is in hell, and it's room temperature there...

I guess my room is never room temperature, or at least very rarely, cuz I like it lower than 72...
Your not helping me or anybody in this topic so GTFO

Soo, icy, any word on what you're going to do?
Either call Microsoft and hope they do something or...deal with it I guess

And yeah. The OP hasn't said anything since the beginning of the thread. How'd it work out?
Sorry I don't get on much...I'm gonna try everything everyone has told me but ...eh

Sprinter, I love how you C/P'd it straight from wikipedia.
TEEHEE

roflcopter. Yeah. I'm trading my Xbox in and getting a new one because mine is having some MAJOR issues with excessive overheating. Its poop

Back