Pikmin 2 and Mario Power Tennis Announced for Wii Selects Series in US

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-3-picture10057-pikmin-2.JPG

Nintendo announced today that GameCube game Pikmin 2, along with Mario Power Tennis, will both be released on Wii in the US on June 10, for a suggested retail price of $19.99, as part of the Nintendo Selects series. The Wii version of Pikmin 2 has controls that have been optimized for the Wii, and sees players helping brave Captain Olimar and his assistant, Louie, as they salvage treasures. As well as the original red, blue and yellow Pikmin from the first game, this version will also feature purple and white Pikmin, giving you a whole host of new strategic options. Pikmin 2 also features a two-player split-screen multiplayer battle mode, although you’ll have to have additional accessories to play it.

Mario Power Tennis sees players powering up their tennis game by swinging the Wii Remote to smack powerful forehands and backhands, as players take on the role of their favourite Mushroom Kingdom characters and play on imaginative courts, including a court full of Mario-style power-ups. As players make their way through the game, winning tournaments, beating minigames or challenging Gimmick Courts, they can unlock new characters, courts and challenges. Multiplayer modes are also included, featuring up to four players.

Nintendo also announced today that both Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Donkey Kong Country Returns are to have their suggested retail price cut to $29.99.

Source: Nintendo

No plans on gettin' Mario Power Tennis for the Wii, but I'd definitely consider Pikmin 2 if the controls really are optimized and worth the small extra cost.

Brawl going down to $30 means it might be worth trying to see if it's just my Brawl disc that's beat up... o_o DK Country Returns going down in price is also nice, since I've yet to play it and have certainly had my mind on it.

Back