PlayStation 3 Outsells Xbox 360, DS In January

who really cares what outsells what, the most important factor is what YOU like the best personally.

Doesn't surprise me. The PS3 is gaining momentum fast.

stugots: The XBOX 360 may have a better library at the moment but if you look outside the box, most of said library are first person shooters and unless that's you're type of genre, the PS3 or Wii might be a better choice. I have all three consoles and the one that gets used the least is the 360. The PS3 has interesting and different exclusives such as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I'm not saying the XBOX 360 doesn't have great games (Mass Effect and Saints Row are just two awesome games but Mass Effect is now being released on PC and Saints Row will be released on both the 360 and PS3) but FPS seems to be dominant on the console.

What's hurting the 360 are all the side prices. With the Wii and PS3 you get a FREE online gaming network. With the 360 it's $50 a year. With the PS3 and Wii they come with hard drives built in. With the 360 you have to pay extra for one. With the PS3 and Wii(undetermined) They did $100 price drops. The 360 does these wussy $25-$50 price drops. These scrooge methods add up.

Microsoft needs to make the hard drive mandatory/only sell 360s with hard drives, they need to include XBL free for at least 1 full year. They could easily continue to pull in profit off their micro tranactions. If price is the reason the Wii is winning, Sony is starting to listen. Microsoft pretending to listen. That better change this year for Microsoft.

Another quiet factor which is starting to add up. Microsoft has been letting go of their exclusives, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Elder Scrolls, and many others to the PS3. That will harm them a lot in the long run. Meanwhile the Wii has held their exclusives with great success, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil UC, Rayman, and many others.

Back