Please at least read this.

Rathfar

WiiChat Member
Sep 15, 2007
I have a 2wire router and I have had a DS for quite some time. I've had NO problems with my DS Wi-Fi ever. Then along came Wii. I entered everything right, my WEP, and everything. Then I test it and no go. Then I re-test and no good, then a third time it works.:yikes: So now I'm a little mad. So I go and try to buy my favorite N64 Games and the chan. doesn't go though and It says my Internet is messed up. So I go back and delete the connection one and try again....when i search for a access point ITS NOT THERE :mad5: :sick: I've now found that some people's 2wire's stop emmiting a wireless signal after 5 min. of being on. But when my Wii can't even see that the router is there my DS works like a charm. So I unplug my router and plug it back in and the Wii knows the thing is there then..poof. Then I eventually gave up and went to the old...click re-try until it works on the Wii shop chan. EVENTUALLY (about an hour and a half later) The signal goes through and I was able to buy some games. I've never been able to get back on after that...soooo anyone got any thoughts to add to this. I was able to get on one time that's the thing that really pisses me off so i really don't know whats up. Please post if you can help me or you have had similar problems.

You just need to change the channel to 11 or 1 and it will work like a charm..so go to your router's page and change the chanell to 11 and then do search again for an access point and just click on it and accept then check connection, other than that don't do anything else!

Back