PLEASE SING THE PETITION TO MODERN WARFARE 2 ON THE Wii

Call of Duty and Halo and both done so much for the FPS genre, if you were a true FPS fan you would understand and respect this, and not going around saying they suck.
All Halo did was make it so we can no longer walk around carrying enough guns to take out the world and its mum.

Call of Duty is the same squad based old gun game

Call of Duty and Halo and both done so much for the FPS genre, if you were a true FPS fan you would understand and respect this, and not going around saying they suck.

There are a lot of people who hate Halo for what it has done to first person shooters.

There are a lot of people who hate Halo for what it has done to first person shooters.

Make FPSs popular to a vast audience?
Bring FPSs to console in a form that works?
Feature customizable levels and settings that can be shared on a console?
Bring consoles to the front in competitive play?

Damn, FPSs were so much better before all that!

Halo nothing. Bungie did more with Marathon (Which is an awesome series in my opinion) than Halo. It was the first FPS that allowed you to look up and down, first FPS to feature dual-wielding, it had the biggest maps of it's time, and a high AI for a FPS.

And I like Call of Duty 2... but none of the others. The rest suck.

Oh, I don't label myself a FPS fan. I'm far too picky.

-To a vast audience? I believe the task of popularizing FPSes were id 90's FPSes such as Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake. FPSes weren't a cult classic genre before Halo.

-Its a dumbed down version of PC shooters. Also, it wasn't the first FPS to have workable controls on a game console. There were games such as Medal of Honor, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark. Granted I never played any of those games. WASD+Mouse will always be better than console controls.

-Mods were around before Halo.

-When you say competitive play, I assume multiplayer. Certainly not revolutionary.

Also to be noted, after Halo, FPSes lack personality. Now FPSes are either about shooting Aliens or Nazis.

You just ripped my heart out.

*falls victim into that category*

There is nothing wrong with that. As long as the game is offering the content you want, it shouldn't really matter. To be fair, since most single player mode tends to get gimped, it is a valid consideration.

i really don't get why people hate Halo. its a great series

Its mediocre. It is nothing great.

-To a vast audience? I believe the task of popularizing FPSes were id 90's FPSes such as Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake. FPSes weren't a cult classic genre before Halo.

-Its a dumbed down version of PC shooters. Also, it wasn't the first FPS to have workable controls on a game console. There were games such as Medal of Honor, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark. Granted I never played any of those games. WASD+Mouse will always be better than console controls.

-Mods were around before Halo.

-When you say competitive play, I assume multiplayer. Certainly not revolutionary.

Also to be noted, after Halo, FPSes lack personality. Now FPSes are either about shooting Aliens or Nazis.

There is nothing wrong with that. As long as the game is offering the content you want, it shouldn't really matter. To be fair, since most single player mode tends to get gimped, it is a valid consideration.

Its mediocre. It is nothing great.

You just replied for me :p

Doom did that
Goldeneye did that (some Doom ports where good but Goldeneye was kinda made for a console)
I didnt see custom maps on Halo
That has been going on for years

They where better before Halo

No thanks, I'm not 'SING'ing it, I don't want a watered down fugly version of MW2 on the Wii.

Infinity Ward made the right decision sticking to Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. None of this Wii/PS2 crap!

Although I guess if I ONLY owned a Wii I would be pretty miffed I couldn't get ininity ward's vastly superior games instead of treyarchs mediocre entries.

Doom did that
Goldeneye did that (some Doom ports where good but Goldeneye was kinda made for a console)
I didnt see custom maps on Halo
That has been going on for years

They where better before Halo

Halo furthered this (to the point where Halo 3 was the 'largest release in entertainment history')
Halo again furthered this.
'Customizable', not custom.
Yes, and Halo has been out for years. ;)

Halo furthered this (to the point where Halo 3 was the 'largest release in entertainment history')
Halo again furthered this.
'Customizable', not custom.
Yes, and Halo has been out for years. ;)

Halo didn't expand the industry with FPSes. Halo: Combat Evolved sold 6.43 Million Copies while GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64 sold 8.09 Million Copies while Half Life sold 7.85 Millions Copies. Clearly Halo didn't expand on the FPS genre in terms of audience. The best selling game in the Halo series is Halo 3 with 9.72 sales while Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has sold 11.79 Million copies between the Xbox360 sales of of 7.43 Million copies and the sales of the PS3 version of 4.34 million copies.

If Halo expanded on controls, just look at what The Conduit is doing with the Wii Remote.

Wait, so Halo only had customizable maps? That seems a back step from making custom maps from the 90s.

Yes, Halo has been out for years while competitive play has been around before Halo.

Last gen, and forward. Each FPS did something for its time, and Halo did what it needed to for its. Obviously Master Chief murdered your mother or something so you have a complete and utter hatred towards it.

Still... I don't recall a custom game mode/map editor on a console FPS that could be uploaded for anyone to download, then perhaps being spotlighted and featured.

And I do believe I go to mlgpro.com to see Halo 3 the #1 game on the list for the standings... not to mention how popular it made Machinima.

Then things like regenerating health bars. Yes, you can argue to the end of day about games before it that used this but don't you think it's weird how after Halo, nearly all FPSs used this type of health bar as well?

And sure, The Conduit... I bet you think that's going to be bigger, better, and further the FPS genre more than Halo, right?

Last edited:
Back