Please some advice on Wii...

Status
Not open for further replies.

copa82

WiiChat Member
Oct 1, 2007
São Paulo, Brasil
Hello.I have been looking at Wii for some months now and im curious about the games and the controller concept.My background is (in history order )Atari,intellevision,super nes,playstation,playstation 2 and now im without any console.I really like the wii concept, altought there are some concerns about it:first, am i gonna find the graphics worse than the competition?second, Does wii have plans to release more adults (mature) titles, or the main public will be teens and children?third:does the nunchuck reallly makes the experience more real on games like call of duty, medal of honor, the goodfather and etc...thanks alot for any answer....

Well i think the Wii is the way to go...

Your graphic question, is the Wii has the least in this category but it is not based on graphics it is based on GAME PLAY...basically u are assured a fun time u play not matter wat.

Adult games, Yes the Wii does plan on releasing more games for adults, i myself am looking forward to that. But ill tell u one thing some games i never even thought of buying i have, like MySims, that is a great game and isnt really an "adult game".

nunchuck question, the whole expierance with the Wii makes it feel real not just the nunchuck, everything, it makes u feel like u are really in the game and in control with everything.

Hope this helps

graphics arent up to par with the 360-ps3 but are as good as last gen and in many games to come much, much better.

the nunchuck really helps in games like the godfather. it feels awesome to "throw" a man through a window or off a roof etc.

mature games are becoming mroe common on the wii but there still isnt that many of them. one coming out on haloween is manhunt 2 wich was originally rated AO. (cant wait for this one) but if you only play M games dont get a wii since most of the games are E and a good portion T.

call of duty doesnt use teh nunchuck very well.. medal of honor 2 will deffinately use it well.

i hope i helped..

Last edited:
^He's got it right^

Adult games coming out for the Wii are Manhunt 2, as well as no More Heroes. More adult games will find their way onto the Wii, rest assured. Resident evil is 18+, at least here in europe, and there are others, can't recall what though right now.

Bliss said:
Well i think the Wii is the way to go...

Your graphic question, is the Wii has the least in this category but it is not based on graphics it is based on GAME PLAY...basically u are assured a fun time u play not matter wat.

Adult games, Yes the Wii does plan on releasing more games for adults, i myself am looking forward to that. But ill tell u one thing some games i never even thought of buying i have, like MySims, that is a great game and isnt really an "adult game".

nunchuck question, the whole expierance with the Wii makes it feel real not just the nunchuck, everything, it makes u feel like u are really in the game and in control with everything.

That pretty much answered all my questions...thanks, just really hope that the new titles start popping up...

Hope this helps
That pretty much answered all my questions...thanks, just really hope that the new titles start popping up...

SensesFail said:
graphics arent up to par with the 360-ps3 but are as good as last gen and in many games to come much, much better.

the nunchuck really helps in games like the godfather. it feels awesome to "throw" a man through a window or off a roof etc.

mature games are becoming mroe common on the wii but there still isnt that many of them. one coming out on haloween is manhunt 2 wich was originally rated AO. (cant wait for this one) but if you only play M games dont get a wii since most of the games are E and a good portion T.

call of duty doesnt use teh nunchuck very well.. medal of honor 2 will deffinately use it well.

i hope i helped..
Be assured that you did help.thanks...Too bad regarding call of duty...

Last edited by a moderator:
copa82 said:
first, am i gonna find the graphics worse than the competition?

second, Does wii have plans to release more adults (mature) titles, or the main public will be teens and children?

third:does the nunchuck reallly makes the experience more real on games like call of duty, medal of honor, the goodfather and etc...thanks alot for any answer....

1. The Wii graphics are not as good as the 360 or PS3, although unless you have a HDTV its not really that big a deal. A lot of early games looked similar to PS2 (many are just PS2 ports) but more recent games designed for Wii such as Metroid Prime 3 look a whole lot better.

2. There are plenty of adult titles, out of the games that i currently own only Wii Sports, Zelda and Metroid Prime 3 would be suitable for kids to play the rest are far from kiddy friendly. In fact i would like a few more kiddy games as i feel bad when the grandkids are over and i have no suitable games for them to play (Godfather, Scarface, RE 4 & Trauma Center were too extreme). Manhunt 2 is out soon too and thats anything but kid friendly. Wii is pretty much for anyone though, Wii Sports is fun whether you are 8 or 80 years old.

3. The controls can be fantastic if implemented correctly. I loved actually punching, strangling and throwing gangsters around in The Godfather, its so much more satisfying (and more violent) than just pressing a couple of buttons. The Wiimote has great potential for shooting games too although Metroid Prime 3 is the first game to really get the controls spot on for FPS', i dont think i could go back and use analogue sticks to aim with again.

I love the Wii, its a very sociable console and great for playing with friends. It has the VC games if you are feeling nostalgic (i love some of the SNES and N64 classics) and the online gaming is even starting to pick up a bit.

raisinghelen said:
1. The Wii graphics are not as good as the 360 or PS3, although unless you have a HDTV its not really that big a deal. A lot of early games looked similar to PS2 (many are just PS2 ports) but more recent games designed for Wii such as Metroid Prime 3 look a whole lot better.

2. There are plenty of adult titles, out of the games that i currently own only Wii Sports, Zelda and Metroid Prime 3 would be suitable for kids to play the rest are far from kiddy friendly. In fact i would like a few more kiddy games as i feel bad when the grandkids are over and i have no suitable games for them to play (Godfather, Scarface, RE 4 & Trauma Center were too extreme). Manhunt 2 is out soon too and thats anything but kid friendly. Wii is pretty much for anyone though, Wii Sports is fun whether you are 8 or 80 years old.

3. The controls can be fantastic if implemented correctly. I loved actually punching, strangling and throwing gangsters around in The Godfather, its so much more satisfying (and more violent) than just pressing a couple of buttons. The Wiimote has great potential for shooting games too although Metroid Prime 3 is the first game to really get the controls spot on for FPS', i dont think i could go back and use analogue sticks to aim with again.

I love the Wii, its a very sociable console and great for playing with friends. It has the VC games if you are feeling nostalgic (i love some of the SNES and N64 classics) and the online gaming is even starting to pick up a bit.

thanks a lot, raisinghelen, Grandkids?that is a bit of surpise on a games forum...

SensesFail said:

i hope i helped..
Be assured that you did thanks a lot,too bad about call for duty tought...

Last edited by a moderator:
copa82 said:
thanks a lot, raisinghelen, Grandkids?that is a bit of surpise on a games forum...
Yes i know, we are just some of those ancient OAP Wii gamers you hear about i guess. :lol: My kids are even in their late 20s now.

Ive been gaming since the Atari VCS came out but to be honest its only since we bought the Wii that ive really gotten into it again in a big way. :)

Seeing as the general question has been answered there's no point in keeping this thread open seeing as it may lead to more spam.

Thread closed. If you want to chat with another member about a video game or anything else please use the private messaging system and or add that person over aim, msn, yahoo or other..

Note: Copa82 instead of double posting please use the edit button if you want to add something to a previous post, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back