Premier League Football Talk

Lewi T said:
You're from the US?! I always had you down as being from England, what with being a Man U fan...why do you support Man U?

Well, mainly because I really like some of the players they have now, or had before. I think Paul Scholes is a great player and is modest off the field. I like Rooney, but unlike him, he doesn't lose control of himself. (As often) Everyone does once in a while. And I really like Tim Howard. He's done a whole lot for the team, and for children with Tourette's Syndrome and such. Then I really started following the team.

manufan15 said:
Well, mainly because I really like some of the players they have now, or had before. I think Paul Scholes is a great player and is modest off the field. I like Rooney, but unlike him, he doesn't lose control of himself. (As often) Everyone does once in a while. And I really like Tim Howard. He's done a whole lot for the team, and for children with Tourette's Syndrome and such. Then I really started following the team.
you should support your home town team, I know people do things differently in the US, but in the UK there's a lot of rivalry between teams and people who don't support their home towns are classed as "glory hunters" and are looked down upon.

Well what's everyone's thoughts on the weekend's Premiership action?

It was a very good weekend in my opinion, all the games were exciting and had lots of quality. Not much controversy to talk about, a few dodgy decisions as usual, but nothing major I don't think.

I must say, what a performance by Liverpool. I mean, I know it was a poor Derby, but a team has to take advantage of that, and winning 6-0 is exactly taking advantage!
Also, I just watched the Villa-Chelsea game, and what a game it was! Villa won 2-0, it was a decent Chelsea performace but they lacked penetration. Fabulous Villa performance though. I can't be arsed to comment on all the games so that will do for now.

Happy about United's win, was a completely different game when Saha came on...

Was watching the Chelsea match too, they didn't play too well, Villa played great.

I have a feeling Liverpool are gonna win the Premiership... They've been great so far

Ronaldo should be playing next United match, hopefully they'll play a lot better with him playing

i am a manU hater, lol, ima a chelsea fan, tho i wa really hoping that manU would have a good start to the season along with chelsea, so that the league would be alot more exciting, my pick to with it this year is newcastle tho, and what do you guys think of the rumors of rooney going to madrid in a couple of seasons, justy like beckham did

Back