Problems with Wii Sports

the wii worth it

:tard: poor people my wii works perfectly for all of my games ohh the wait (15 hours
) was totaly worth it dont you think si and dont reply if you dont even have a wii yet

That's funny! I'm having the SAME EXACT problem with my Wii Sports disk, but my Twilight Princess disk works perfectly every time. I'm so glad that it's not just MY Wii Sports disk. I was beginning to think I'm crazier then I was before.

Hey if you keep trying, it will eventually work. If I put it in so that the Title "Wii Sports" is at the top of the disk, it usually works for me. (yeah I know it's all in my head but it still usually works)
I have the exact same situation...sometimes Wii Sports will work first time...sometimes it takes up to 6-7 tries before it takes...but every other game loads just fine. I wonder if Nintendo Support can resend out a non defective disk if I call

ABC said:
We have got to understand that we are hearing about the problems on the forum because the people who are not having problem aren't making a new thread saying: "Hey guys, my new Wii WORKS!" The people with the problems are the ones creating a new thread stating their problem. And that is the reason it looks like Nintendo sent out more defective consoles than working consoles. If anything, the 360 launch was a debauchery with the 3 red rings of death and overheating/freezing consoles. So anyone in England worried about gettinbg a defective Wii should really not worry at all.

Very true, not many people are gonna take time away from playing their perfectly fine Wii to let everyone know that it works, same thing happened with the Xbox 360 forums when I got mine, everyone was posting problems but it was a very small percent that were actually messed up, but you only hear from the ones with problems, for the most part that is.

Mine has the issue also.. Disc not recognized. I looked very closely at it and there are 2 small scratches on the disc. The disc spends 99% of its time in the Wii and the other 1% has been in the cardboard jacket so I can only assume it somehow got scratched when removing it from the cardboard jacket.

How do I go about getting another disc? I guess I'll just email nintendo

slag said:
How do I go about getting another disc? I guess I'll just email nintendo

You can either email or call Nintendo (see http://support.nintendo.com/ or call 1-800-255-3700). I just got off the phone with them. We did a little trouble shooting with my Wii to make sure that wasn't the problem (thankfully), and in the end concluded that it may be a bad Wii Sports disc. They're UPSing me another one in a few days here. Total time of the call was about 20 minutes from dial tone to hangup.

The guy on the phone was quite helpful. We moved the Wii a bit. Put in multiple discs over and over. Rotated the Wii. Repeated the disc thing. Magically it worked quite well during the tests, but they're still sending me a replacement disk.

I mentioned the whole moving the Wii away from the speakers and the rep said that they didn't have anything in particular on that issue in their troubleshooting guide, but had heard the same thing. If the speakers were the problem, they would have had ramifications on other parts of the system, which I did not see.

Anyway, maybe it was dumb luck that moving my system away from the speakers helped. Maybe it actually did something. In either case, the new Wii Sports is a troubleshooting method. If the disc works, we know the problem is most likely on the original disc and not with my Wii.

i dont kno whats going on, but i put in the wii sports dvd and it keeps telling me that im getting an error with the disc. the weird thing is that its brand new, and when i tried my red steel, it worked fine. im just wondering if i got a bad version of wii sports or if in fact i have a defective wii

Hey!

this problem is not with you disc, I got the same - my lucky is that I bought WII together with friend of mine and we made tests on both consoles, WII Sports with mine WII doesn't work (both copies) on his console they work fine without any little problem! Only one difference is that I got an software update just after I get it from box without testing this game before - of course any other game is working fine too.

best regards

So yeah, I am encountering this with two of the five games in bundle (Sports and Party Games) that I won at my job. I brought the game over to my sisters and brought it over to her place, worked without an issue. So thought it was the console, then I see this posting. I exchanged the console and that didn't resolve the issue and exchanged the games. Still to no avail. Not sure where to go from this place. I guess call tech support, sounds like I'm better off calling at home though, when I am by the console and the games.

Back