Project H.A.M.M.E.R ?---Pronounced Dead----Bothered?

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
As many of us knew project hammer was on the ice, but now has officially been pronounced as dead, they have cut production totally,

why?
apparently due to the fact makers could not come up with a decent acronym

So its now dead.

So is anybody gonna miss the idea of it, was anybody wanting it,

I for one wasnt to excited and doubt i would have given it a shot.

here is just one link to evidence (i had more but cannot track down them all anymore)
http://kotaku.com/gaming/stop-hammer-time/project-hammer-pronounced-dead-299369.php

EDIT : here is another link to more info, not much though
http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/project-hammer-canceled.html

Last edited:
Can't say it was on my major wants list, but I was interested to see how it turned out before dismissing it.

Would have been interesting to see a new franchise I suppose. I wonder why this has been canned? Especially with the Wii being such a comercial success, or did Nintendo decide it didn't fit in with their strategy.

Gah... Couldn't they release the E3 demo or something? I really wanted to play it awhile ago, and still kind of do:crazy:

There is talk of that production has temporally stalled due to the producers working on other subjects.

The title is due to become a possibility to be picked up again in the future.

But now you say it is fully dead?

Shame.

its a shame that one of the first wii games got canceled
i for one was looking foward to it even after the release of the wii
but my theory is that during the wii mote scare (people braking tvs and other things with their wii mote) they stopped production so the wii wouldn't become a tv killer

Anyone looking for a similar experience control-wise, should pick up Dragon Blade, set to release the 25th.

I wasn't too hyped for it, but I do wish more games of the beat-em-up variety would come out for the wii. Dragon blade looks like a playable, if slightly boring, game so I'll pick that up just to support the genre.

This cancellation was a long-time coming, especially with the lack-luster reviews it got at it's last E-3 showing.

I dont know how much of your post is true, but I DO know that atleast part of it is BS.

They DID NOT scrap the game because they couldn't think of a flipping acronym. Is that supposed to be some kind of joke?

When i was watching some of E307 they had a preview of it- The gameplay looked sorta similar to SoulCalibur Legends.. But it was just a runna long show off- But yeah- It's not on my top's to get either..

^I believe that, I just dont believe the reasoning for it.

The op stated that they cancelled the game because they couldn't think of an acronym (A phrase of words in which the first letter of each word spells H.A.M.M.E.R.)

Do you really think they would cancel a game that they had already gotten about half way done simply because they couldn't think of a name for it? I don't buy it.

Back