PS2 component cables ona PS1?

Maldo

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2011
Has anyone tried using PS2/3 component cables ona PS1? I saw a video on youtube a while back that this guy had a old PS1, but attached a set of PS2/3 component cables to it and hooked it up to the TV... displaying a pretty good picture signal because component supports 480i.

But from what I saw, he might've had a component to HDMI converter box because for a brief milisecond, his tv signal info tab said 1080P (I t'hank), and one guy lashed out that PS1 only does 240P, not 480i and component only supports the latter as it's lowest resolution mode output. He may be right on that because I know from experience when playing PS1 games on a PS2 w/component cables attached, it doesn't display any picture though there is sound. I do know for a fact this situation occurs playing PS1 games ona PS3 via component, but the surpirsing thing when the output is through HDMI, it displays the image (and looks much better IMA).

So maybe, if I get a component to HDMI converter box like that guy prolly had and use my PS2 via component to HDMI to play PS1 games, I could bypass that 240P/480I issue and get an nice HD image (hopefully it won't be muddy and have artifacts like my composite to hdmi box does)

Just curious though, as this seems intresting as the regluar A/V out jack on the PS1 is a multi-out like the PS2 & 3, where the component out port also goes.

You can use the same TV cables on PSX, but I dont think they will output at low HD resolutions

Back