Question about my new Wii

I don't know but sometimes that loud "CLICK" I hear when I click to go to the Wii menu makes me feel a little uneasy....

That's all normal. That;s how a Wii is. Any system is going to make sounds when it's running. It's normal. The only time it isn't normal is if the console can't play games, channels aren't working, etc.

Yer when I exit a game it comes up like the 9 'wii channels' which crossfade to the bottom right to make a blank screen. And during this scenario i hear the whhrrrr..click!... then it fades to all black and goes back to wii menu. I think it also does this after system updates. Normal?

Deanis said:
Yer when I exit a game it comes up like the 9 'wii channels' which crossfade to the bottom right to make a blank screen. And during this scenario i hear the whhrrrr..click!... then it fades to all black and goes back to wii menu. I think it also does this after system updates. Normal?

That's totally normal. It's spinning up the disc to see what it is. The click is most likely the laser head being moved into position. In game where there is a lot of disc access, you will hear that a lot (Metroid Prime 3 comes to mind). It's basically the DVD equivalent of the little clicks hard drives make when the head is moving to different parts of the disc.

Back