Quick question.

SH3PH3RD

WiiChat Member
Mar 9, 2007
Hi all, im going to sell my xbox 360 soon because i'm sick of it having to get repaired too much and i think a Wii is the way to go next. So oblivously, i'll want to be able to connect to the net and i dont know how to do this. I have a long ethernet cable running from downstairs up to my room, which i use for my current xbox live connection, and i was wondering if i could use the ethernet cable to somehow connect to the internet via the Wii console. Can this be done, or do i need to buy more stuff?

Thanks in advance,

Paul~

Best off buying a Wireless [WIFI Certified] Router. Connected it to your PC and your away. Best way to do it as it's Wireless

Wii_Smurf said:
Best off buying a Wireless [WIFI Certified] Router. Connected it to your PC and your away. Best way to do it as it's Wireless

Yeah but since my router is downstairs and my Wii will be upstairs, won't the signal be weak? And also what will i need to do that?
EDIT: Also, will i be able to play games online? Does the Wii do that?

no its strong unless u live in a big ass house.
justr get a router preferably g type n hook it up

PC with Internet
Router [WIFI Certified]
It'll pick it up if it's a good router. You'll have to search around and make sure it's WIFI Certified!

Sorry, you guys must have not understood me. I already have a router, and its wired. Also, i don't plan on getting a new router. My current one is a D-Link DI604. What nintendo equipent will i need, like an adaptor or somthing? Is there anything that i can just plun into the ethernet cable and then into the back of the Wii? That'd be good.
Sorry for the trouble, guys. and thanks again.

If you already have the Ethernet cable in your room and don't want to buy a router, you could always but the USB eternet adapter. You would plug the ethernet cable into it and it plugs into the Wii via USB. I also love the wireless option because you can bring the Wii anywhere in the house and still have internet access... but just giving you your options.

Depends where you live. You can get an adaptor off Ebay or an Official source site but my opinion is to use wireless which is why I stated that

Ok, guys. thanks a lot for all your help with this. I really appreciate it.

Back