Rayman Raving Rabbids

Jun 10, 2006
Australia
I am going to buy this when the Wii finally launches in Australia but I have noticed that no one has mentioned the game here and was concerned that nobody has bought it yet. Could anyone give me their thoughts of it please?

...Also, off-topic, I have decided NOT to purchuse Red Steel :mad2: maybe a wise choice...

I was thinking of buying it, but then I had looked at the cover and it's just 70 plus mini games that you must play in order to save your friends. If it had been an actual platformer, I would have gotten it.

I had a different view when I heard it was going to just be a party game with 70 Mini-Games and not a platformer I thought that it sounded like more fun, thats just the way I am though... :eek:ut:

It is one of those party games, that's why I'm not really interested in the game.

Yeah I bought this as 1 along with Zelda and Red Steel and I haven't even touched those games. I also just got COD3 and Marvel Alliance through Gamefly and I have to say My buddy and I have logged about 11 hours in Rayman compared to maybe one or two in the others. I definitely suggest it. If you are a fan of party games like fusion frenzy for xbox or the mario party series I highly recommend it. The minigames have surprising depth to then and make incredible use of the wiimote. Go for it!

I got it and think it is a lot of fun. I have only played it for a little while because I have been trying to divide my play time equally so I don't get bored with one game.

That said, I really like this game. I was deciding between this and Monkeyball, but got this because I have Monkeyball for the GC. I am not upset that I got it. The games have a good variety so far. Most of them are pretty easy however. I think they may get harder as you go along. I haven't played the multi-player yet, but can imagine that it would be pretty fun. It is pretty cool because easch game so far has a unique way of using the Wiimote/nunchuck. And at at the end of each level you get a cool shootout. Also, there is a good amount of humor in the game. The rabbids are pretty darn funny. Sometimes a but obscure. I think I am going to get Monkeyball next.

THIS GAME IS HILLARIOUS!!

Seriously, it's a lot of fun. The sense of humor just really appeals to me, and even though it is a collection of minigames I still enjoy it a lot. It is really good as a party game, but you have to unlock each of the minigames through the story mode first before you can play them against your friends.

As long as you realize it isn't a platformer, I think there is no reason you wouldn't enjoy it.

As with any collection this size, there are of course a few games that are too simple or just not that fun, but the dancing and shooting games totally make up for it.

Thanks for the help, I was going to buy it anyway I just didnt think anyone had actually played it on here yet and was concerned no one was interested. How funny are the Bunnies really? I havent heard their voices yet, though I hear they sound demented... :yikes:

They do sound demented. My roomates girlfriend came over while I was playing and was a little freaked out. I asked her if she wanted to play, and she said "The controller is freaky enough, then there's those messed up rabbits."

I looked at her and asked, "So, you don't want to play."

She got up and walked into his room. She isn't a nice person in general.

Best Rayman game ever. It's really demeaning to even call it a Rayman game.

The F'in Bunnies Screaming lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WiiLLNg24 said:
I can't figure out where multi-player comes in. Please advise. Thanks.

You have to beat the games in the story mode to unlock them. Then you go to the other one (I forget what it is called, it is right bellow story mode) and you can play them multi-player.

Tacos said:
You have to beat the games in the story mode to unlock them. Then you go to the other one (I forget what it is called, it is right bellow story mode) and you can play them multi-player.

Thanks. I guess another sleepless night of crazy Rabbids it is.

Didn't get it at first with my Wii (it wasn't on the list for the Toys R US 3 games 30 dollars off total special), but I went back last night and picked it up. Played for a few hours last night, and my girlfriend/sister and I played it a ton today.

Really, really fun game. The shooters and dancing in particular (its sort of like DDR, using the nunchuck and wiimote to dance) are really fun multiplayer.

Back