Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Distant_Oblivion, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Distant_Oblivion

I am going to buy this when the Wii finally launches in Australia but I have noticed that no one has mentioned the game here and was concerned that nobody has bought it yet. Could anyone give me their thoughts of it please?

...Also, off-topic, I have decided NOT to purchuse Red Steel :mad2: maybe a wise choice...

2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Certified Public Asshole

Wii Friend Code: 1130-2954-1680-3052
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    I was thinking of buying it, but then I had looked at the cover and it's just 70 plus mini games that you must play in order to save your friends. If it had been an actual platformer, I would have gotten it.

3. Distant_Oblivion

I had a different view when I heard it was going to just be a party game with 70 Mini-Games and not a platformer I thought that it sounded like more fun, thats just the way I am though... :eek:ut:

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Certified Public Asshole

Wii Friend Code: 1130-2954-1680-3052
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    It is one of those party games, that's why I'm not really interested in the game.

5. spinergy

spinergy WiiChat Member

Yeah I bought this as 1 along with Zelda and Red Steel and I haven't even touched those games. I also just got COD3 and Marvel Alliance through Gamefly and I have to say My buddy and I have logged about 11 hours in Rayman compared to maybe one or two in the others. I definitely suggest it. If you are a fan of party games like fusion frenzy for xbox or the mario party series I highly recommend it. The minigames have surprising depth to then and make incredible use of the wiimote. Go for it!

6. Tacos

Tacos Banned

I got it and think it is a lot of fun. I have only played it for a little while because I have been trying to divide my play time equally so I don't get bored with one game.

That said, I really like this game. I was deciding between this and Monkeyball, but got this because I have Monkeyball for the GC. I am not upset that I got it. The games have a good variety so far. Most of them are pretty easy however. I think they may get harder as you go along. I haven't played the multi-player yet, but can imagine that it would be pretty fun. It is pretty cool because easch game so far has a unique way of using the Wiimote/nunchuck. And at at the end of each level you get a cool shootout. Also, there is a good amount of humor in the game. The rabbids are pretty darn funny. Sometimes a but obscure. I think I am going to get Monkeyball next.

7. SpaceNerd04

SpaceNerd04 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3015-4789-6961-4224
    3015-4789-6961-4224
    THIS GAME IS HILLARIOUS!!

Seriously, it's a lot of fun. The sense of humor just really appeals to me, and even though it is a collection of minigames I still enjoy it a lot. It is really good as a party game, but you have to unlock each of the minigames through the story mode first before you can play them against your friends.

As long as you realize it isn't a platformer, I think there is no reason you wouldn't enjoy it.

As with any collection this size, there are of course a few games that are too simple or just not that fun, but the dancing and shooting games totally make up for it.

8. Distant_Oblivion

Thanks for the help, I was going to buy it anyway I just didnt think anyone had actually played it on here yet and was concerned no one was interested. How funny are the Bunnies really? I havent heard their voices yet, though I hear they sound demented... :yikes:

9. Tacos

Tacos Banned

They do sound demented. My roomates girlfriend came over while I was playing and was a little freaked out. I asked her if she wanted to play, and she said "The controller is freaky enough, then there's those messed up rabbits."

I looked at her and asked, "So, you don't want to play."

She got up and walked into his room. She isn't a nice person in general.

10. WiiLLNg24

WiiLLNg24 WiiChat Member

I can't figure out where multi-player comes in. Please advise. Thanks.

11. DrYou

DrYou Im Bringin Sexy Back

Wii Friend Code: 5552-5279-6247-6288
    5552-5279-6247-6288
    Best Rayman game ever. It's really demeaning to even call it a Rayman game.

The F'in Bunnies Screaming lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

12. Tacos

Tacos Banned

You have to beat the games in the story mode to unlock them. Then you go to the other one (I forget what it is called, it is right bellow story mode) and you can play them multi-player.

13. skelator

skelator WiiChat Member

g4 tv says it great and very fun with great minnie games

14. WiiLLNg24

WiiLLNg24 WiiChat Member

Thanks. I guess another sleepless night of crazy Rabbids it is.

15. LordVance

LordVance WiiChat Member

Didn't get it at first with my Wii (it wasn't on the list for the Toys R US 3 games 30 dollars off total special), but I went back last night and picked it up. Played for a few hours last night, and my girlfriend/sister and I played it a ton today.

Really, really fun game. The shooters and dancing in particular (its sort of like DDR, using the nunchuck and wiimote to dance) are really fun multiplayer.

16. Jayman

Jayman hagakure

Wii Friend Code: 8917-6501-7332-1191
    8917-6501-7332-1191
    My favorite mini-game is the choir...

17. LordVance

LordVance WiiChat Member

Did anyone else find the "Rabbids dont close doors" level 1 and 2 particularly annoying? For some reason when the far left and far right doors got more than 1/2 way open I could not find their hit box - was real buggy feeling.

Luckily I got past them and there are only 2 I think :)

18. JeritenX

JeritenX WiiChat Member

absolutely! I love the choir! Smacking rabbids never gets old!

I love this game so damn much! It cracks me up every time I play!

I love how the further on you play, the rabbids begin to idolize you, I'm about 70% complete and I just got a shwag new cell with new plush items in it. And the guard no longer throws me into my cell, he politely guides me into it. Good stuff, the subtle humor (and sometimes not so subtle) is just crazy enough to keep this game fresh. The later challenge levels begin to get VERY challenging, so don't get too comfy, cos at around 65% they turn up the heat.

19. amon140

amon140 game junkie

Wii Friend Code: 1916-0339-1380-6755
    1916-0339-1380-6755
    i didnt get it with my wii but im getting it t-row

20. Flip

Flip WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6487-0727-1500-1514
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    This game looks so good, that I'm going to have to pre-order another game before the 7th. So many launch titles, so little money.