Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Received Deauthentication?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by gifpaste, Jan 21, 2010.

1. gifpaste

gifpaste WiiChat Member

I searched both site and forums for Received Deauthentication or just Deauthentication and got no results, hopefully I performed the search correctly though!

Anywho, I have a DLink DLG-4300 router and my wii connected via wpa-personal over 11g only superG with dynamic turbo

I'm my router logs I have many lines coming from the Wii

[INFO] Sat Jan 16 11:30:16 2010 Wireless system with MAC address 00191DE2998E disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.

is there anything I have setup incorrectly in the Wii or is this normal operation?

Everynow and then all devices lose connection to the internet and I have to reset the router to get back online, just wanted to make sure the wii wasnt the cause as I havent seen other error messages

2. real-o

real-o WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 4470-1422-8188-7606
    4470-1422-8188-7606
    I'm not sure what "SuperG with dynamic turbo" is, but it sounds like a proprietary thing for D-link products. You might see better results on the Wii with that turned off.

3. gifpaste

gifpaste WiiChat Member

Ya I wasn't sure what that was either, it was just the default setting I never changed.

Here is Super G, it is proprietary but not to just DLink
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_G_(wireless_networking)

And here is the info from the dlink help menu

So, I disabled those options and changed the channel to 11

But I still get these in the log:
    Code:
    [INFO] Thu Jan 21 12:25:35 2010 Lease 10.86.83.247 renewed by client 00191DE2998E
    [INFO] Thu Jan 21 12:25:34 2010 Wireless system with MAC address 00191DE2998E associated
    [INFO] Thu Jan 21 12:25:27 2010 Wireless system with MAC address 00191DE2998E disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.
    Which seem to happen every 2-5minutes (sometimes twice in the same minute)