Received Deauthentication?

gifpaste

WiiChat Member
Jan 21, 2010
I searched both site and forums for Received Deauthentication or just Deauthentication and got no results, hopefully I performed the search correctly though!

Anywho, I have a DLink DLG-4300 router and my wii connected via wpa-personal over 11g only superG with dynamic turbo

I'm my router logs I have many lines coming from the Wii

[INFO] Sat Jan 16 11:30:16 2010 Wireless system with MAC address 00191DE2998E disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.

is there anything I have setup incorrectly in the Wii or is this normal operation?

Everynow and then all devices lose connection to the internet and I have to reset the router to get back online, just wanted to make sure the wii wasnt the cause as I havent seen other error messages

I'm not sure what "SuperG with dynamic turbo" is, but it sounds like a proprietary thing for D-link products. You might see better results on the Wii with that turned off.

Ya I wasn't sure what that was either, it was just the default setting I never changed.

Here is Super G, it is proprietary but not to just DLink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_G_(wireless_networking)

And here is the info from the dlink help menu

Super G™ Mode:
Super G Turbo Modes must use channel 6 for communication. For Super G with Static Turbo, 802.11 Mode must be set to 802.11g. For proper operation, RTS threshold and Fragmentation Threshold on the Advanced -> Advanced Wireless screen should both be set to their default values.

Super G without Turbo:
Performance enhancing features such as Packet Bursting, FastFrames, and Compression.

Super G with Static Turbo:
This mode is not backwards compatible with non-Turbo (legacy) devices. This mode should only be enabled when all devices on the wireless network are Static Turbo enabled.

Super G with Dynamic Turbo:
This mode is backwards compatible with non-Turbo (legacy) devices. This mode should be enabled when some devices on the wireless network are not Turbo enabled but support other Super G features mentioned above.

So, I disabled those options and changed the channel to 11

But I still get these in the log:
Code:
[INFO] Thu Jan 21 12:25:35 2010 Lease 10.86.83.247 renewed by client 00191DE2998E
[INFO] Thu Jan 21 12:25:34 2010 Wireless system with MAC address 00191DE2998E associated
[INFO] Thu Jan 21 12:25:27 2010 Wireless system with MAC address 00191DE2998E disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.

Which seem to happen every 2-5minutes (sometimes twice in the same minute)

Back