Rechargable batteries

Bodine

Sonic expert
Jan 25, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Just got a new pack of Energizer rechargable batteries. I put them in my wiimote and... dead. Did I just get a pack of duds or does the batteries just not want to cooperate with my wiimote?

Did you charge them first? I would think so, but since you didn't mention it...

We use those in our Wiimotes and they work fine for us.

I don't have a charger yet. I was going to pick one up today. I just assumed they'd come charged?

lol by rare chance u mite wanna check the metal springs in the battery part of your wiimtoe

lol by rare chance u mite wanna check the metal springs in the battery part of your wiimtoe

chances are no. not if he hasnt noticed it before. plus the contact in the wiimote are the best ive ever come across, short of 9volt clips at least.

and rechargeables may have a slight charge, but not much of one anyway.

I don't have a charger yet. I was going to pick one up today. I just assumed they'd come charged?
According to Wikipedia, self discharge rate is about 1%/day so if the manufacturer charges them (unlikely in the first place) and then they sit around for a couple months before shipping, not much will remain.

Sanyo Eneloops and a few other brands are the only ones I know of that come pre-charged. They also discharge slower than regular rechargeable NiMH batteries.

about 6 months i bought duracells & they did'nt work in my wiimote so i tried it on my tv remote & they worked best thing i did was to by a wiimote batterypack for $10usd 15 hours of play on a 3 hour charge pretty good deal i got so i would try ur batteries on another aa remote hope that helps

Sanyo Eneloops and a few other brands are the only ones I know of that come pre-charged. They also discharge slower than regular rechargeable NiMH batteries.

These are the Batts I use and they are pretty good. Their MaH rating is a bit lower than the othes but they do not discharge sitting around like most other rechargables.

Hub

Back