Red rep block?

Sovieto said:
im pretty sure i dont give 90 rep at a time
maybe it cuts off at a limit?
I'm not even gonna try calculating how much rep I could give...

It probably cuts off at 100 or something, so even a member with not much rep and 100 posts can give 2 rep points.

Why aint this **** in the rep FAQ? :/

We had a thread about the blocks and decided that they are NOT grey but in fact BLUE. Calibrate you monitor properly to turn down the red to the correct level and you will see the right color.

Heh, now look at my join date and number of blocks.

ssbb_lover said:
I'm not even gonna try calculating how much rep I could give...

It probably cuts off at 100 or something, so even a member with not much rep and 100 posts can give 2 rep points.

Why aint this **** in the rep FAQ? :/
youd give 90 just like me

ciper said:
We had a thread about the blocks and decided that they are NOT grey but in fact BLUE. Calibrate you monitor properly to turn down the red to the correct level and you will see the right color.

Heh, now look at my join date and number of blocks.

How many PMs have you sent in the last month? That could mean a lot.

Formula 1: For people with a low amount of rep (1-3)

= number of dark green blocks

Formula 2: The approximate amount of rep given by people with 6 bars in total or more

= number of dark green blocks + (2 x number of light green blocks) + 2.

e.g1 Brawny (back when he had 5 dark and 2 light)
5 + (2 x 2) + 2 = 11

e.g2 The_Loose_Cannon (5 dark and 3 light)
5 + (2 x 3) + 2 = 13

Notes:
* I derived these from observation of the change in total rep from the user cp where certain members identified themselves in the rep comment.

* Each additional light green seems to give 2 extra rep points, and each additional dark green seems to give 1 extra rep point.

* There seems to be a point (around 4-5 bars or when you get your first light green) where you add two (for no apparent reason). Due to lack of members with 4-5 bars identifying themselves, the formula is inaccurate around this area.

* I have confirmed that Formula 1 works for 1-3 bars and Formula 2 works for 7-8 bars.

* The formulae only seem to be consistent for the receiver having more rep than the giver of rep.

Last edited:
Riviet said:
Formula 1: For people with a low amount of rep (1-3)

= number of dark green blocks

Formula 2: The approximate amount of rep given by people with 6 bars in total or more

= number of dark green blocks + (2 x number of light green blocks) + 2.

e.g1 Brawny (back when he had 5 dark and 2 light)
5 + (2 x 2) + 2 = 11

e.g2 The_Loose_Cannon (5 dark and 3 light)
5 + (2 x 3) + 2 = 13

Notes:
* I derived these from observation of the change in total rep from the user cp where certain members identified themselves in the rep comment.

* Each additional light green seems to give 2 extra rep points, and each additional dark green seems to give 1 extra rep point.

* There seems to be a point (around 4-5 bars or when you get your first light green) where you add two (for no apparent reason). Due to lack of members with 4-5 bars identifying themselves, the formula is inaccurate around this area.

* I have confirmed that Formula 1 works for 1-3 bars and Formula 2 works for 7-8 bars.
if each light green gave an additional rep point
wouldnt jills formula be
5+(2(3)) + 3? which = 14
yes i think that is correct, because i recall have 184 rep, then jill repped me and i have 198 now

howd you figure this out?

Sovieto said:
if each light green gave an additional rep point
wouldnt jills formula be
5+(2(3)) + 3? which = 14
yes i think that is correct, because i recall have 184 rep, then jill repped me and i have 198 now

howd you figure this out?
Hmm... that's interesting. You sure she gave you 14?

And read my first point in the notes. ;)

Back