Red Steel set for redesign confirms Ubisoft

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
According to French press sources, the development team is hard at work refining a number of Red Steel's elements, specifically the sword-fighting, which Ubisoft admitted was difficult to program. Thankfully, the team likely has several months before Nintendo comes calling for the final build, unless the title slips out of the Wii launch window -- in that case, Ubisoft would have all the time in the world...

source: joystiq.com + thegamefeed.com

If you remember the Red Steel demo was heavily criticised by many at the E3 trade show, its good to see Ubisoft have taken those comments onboard and have decided to rework certain aspects of the game.

Fingers crossed they can get it done in time as im sure this is on many peoples launch game wishlists (its definitely on mine :))

i0n said:
source: joystiq.com + thegamefeed.com

If you remember the Red Steel demo was heavily criticised by many at the E3 trade show, its good to see Ubisoft have taken those comments onboard and have decided to rework certain aspects of the game.

Fingers crossed they can get it done in time as im sure this is on many peoples launch game wishlists (its definitely on mine :))

Well I think Nintendo will have it at date and they are going to do a really good jop

thats great that theyre going back and doing it again. itll probably better than at e3 and will be a total shocker when it comes out. Hope they get it done in time for it for launch.

As long as it comes out as a launch title cause its the one im hopin on gettin wit the Wii

what exactly was wrong with it during e3, i dont think i saw this games clip from there, just curious

the problem with the e3 demo was that the sword movements were not your actual movement but how you slashed started whatever move you were doing (like a pressing a button character does pre-determined swing) instead of actually mimicking your movements, they did that because they didn't want to make people practice like a samurai to beat the game, I want to have my actual swing in the game and have a non-realistic setting for people who don't.

yeah totally I would much rather have my swing instead of a predetermined swing but what happens when someone blocks and ur hand keeps swinging? will it shock to stop?

oh and I'm not really surprised the ubisoft is taking in the crtisim because they're an awsome compay

ghghgh14702 said:
the problem with the e3 demo was that the sword movements were not your actual movement but how you slashed started whatever move you were doing (like a pressing a button character does pre-determined swing) instead of actually mimicking your movements, they did that because they didn't want to make people practice like a samurai to beat the game, I want to have my actual swing in the game and have a non-realistic setting for people who don't.

I'll go over it again for you :scared:, the swings were a pre-determined set, not your actual swing mimicked on-screen, you can tell from the new screens at least the graphics have been reworked, you can actually see knuckles on the characters, the players are is so detailed you can actually see the zipper on the coat is not just a skin but actual polygons and the enemies dont look so claymation now.

Watching the Red Steel trailer video gives you the sense that it might be the next Bond. We shouldn't hype this one up too much, but wow would Nintendo be sitting pretty if Red Steel turned out to be the shooter of the year.

Does this one have 4 player ?

What I am glade they are doing is going back and fixing the things that need to be perfected! So they dont throw in a glitchy launch title like we have seen previously *cough* Xbox306 *cough* I belive that Redsteal will do good for Nintendo!

You are soooooo right! And I thought it was free hand movement but I guess I was wrong... Heh I hope the touches will improve but I have no worry,Ubisoft is a great company.

Back