Registering an email address as opposed to a Wii console number in the message board

Carta

Blame Your Fate
Nov 23, 2006
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
3661-3690-3646-4120
Hey everyone,

I have no trouble at all adding Wii console numbers to my friends list but when it comes to trying to add an e-mail address, it registers ok, but I cannot send anything to the address via the Wii. The listing in the address book is there, but it is greyed out.

I added my own e-mail address at hotmail, and it recieved an e-mail from wii.com to reply back to it to complete the registration on my Wii system. I did what it said, but the email address listing is still greyed out.

Has anyone been able to sucessfully add an e-mail address to the address book on your Wii and send messages to and from the Wii to the address?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

your friend will get a messege from your wii its a its liike [email protected] and they have to send a reply to it then you can send a message to that email address or cell phone.
( i guess cell phones have an email address they have to call there provider to get it or something i don't know)

I have successfully added many of my friends by email..
all i did was add them to the wii, tell them to reply to it, and once they did their name was no longer greyed out and all was good.

That is so odd. We added the emails and replied to the messages to our Wii, but they are still greyed out. Totally screwy.

I registered my hotmail account and when I got the message, I replied to it. But it still hasn't registered..and that was five days ago.

I am having the same problem Loria...haha....what a coincedence.

i have a bout 20 people on my friends list, 8 of them confirmed with exchanging emails. 12 just found on this site and added. only 1 of them I can exchange emails with also all the rest are grey as said from above. maybe its something with the servers.

can you email photos to your wii from a regular email account?

sorry I found the answer to this is another topic... you can't

Hotmail users. Hotmail will not work on the Wii , its because of the spam filter apparently.

I called nintendo waiting for a callback about this issue.
We've tried everything , when it got to making a new e-mail from
example : yahoo.ca

then it worked.

Well I've successfully sent myself an email with hotmail, but only myself my gf's e-mail won't work with my wii yet. it's strange it worked for me right away but it won't work for her hotmail at all. :(

Back