Regulars Section

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
This section of the forum would be for the dedicated members of this forum who meet one of the following criteria.

1. They have atleast over 500-700 posts.
2. Must be mature.
3. They help out other members around the forum.

Basically it's a section for the most dedicated forum members. Also it's a section to get away from the flaming and some of the newer members. Oh and you would have to be added to the section so those who didn't meet the above criteria wouldn't be able to view the section. Finally members in the section would have a say in who gets into the section and who doesn't.

Just an idea.

Also I've seen other forums which have used this and it has worked out pretty well.

Actually my debate forum sort of intertwines with your idea, and I do agree with it. Although it should be more permission mask than a password.

Hey I like that idea, plus I reckon people that are valued members (e.g Darkprinny) are automatically allowed access to the forum and vice versa.

Kamikaze said:
I think it should be more of seniority than anything else.

Agreed. The only reason I said 500-700 posts is because members with around that many posts don't tend to post spam.

Although it should be more permission mask than a password.

Thats what I meant.

Syntax said:
Agreed. The only reason I said 500-700 posts is because members with around that many posts don't tend to post spam.
From my perspective, some do (as they end up acccumulating all those posts from spamming in the first place), the others don't as you suggest.

Quantity may not be the best way to identify these members, the quality of their posts are also important in my opinion.

Well like I was saying upon the thread I made, they should have to prove themselves worthy of being able to have access. The posts and certain joining should only be a prerequisite of what they have to go through in order to get in.

Syntax said:
1. They have at least over 500-700 posts.
2. Must be mature.
3. They help out other members around the forum.

1. I think I have met that one
I like being silly Britain invented it
UP THE ISO-PODS

3. Try every now and then but some of you people are to efficient

Wouldn't like more than 3 months old be better? Because you could just talk a lot..where as someone who's every post helps someone isn't as active.

Sovieto said:
Wouldn't like more than 3 months old be better? Because you could just talk a lot..where as someone who's every post helps someone isn't as active.

Certain people who complain about reading won't be accepted though. ;)

Yeah I like the idea. Could link with DarkPrinny's idea of a Friend Code list of the most active/long time members, I think it would be a great idea :) I also think there should be something that active members who have been here for a certain amount of time achieve (don't have a clue what), which, with some newer members, will give them a sort of goal to reach with the forum, making them want to stay just because they know they can achieve something (obviously doesn't work that way with some people :))

Kamikaze said:
Certain people who complain about reading won't be accepted though. ;)
I don't think I care. I've just been getting to my climax on this forum having fun. And just trying be as good as an asshole as you are Kamikaze on that thread because I was bored. And you complain about your words, will you be accepted? Anywho, I feel must undesired by members here for my extremely non-bias comments in the sections I'm active at.

P.S. it wasnt complaining about reading, i would have read it if i thought it was going to go somewhere or i was interested, but yall were just fighting from the outside view and thats never worth it online.

Last edited:
Back