Researchers Have Developed a Working Laugh-o-Meter

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
laugh-o-meter.jpg

Researchers at Kansai University in Japan have developed a machine that has the capability to scientifically measure the quantity of a person's laugh as well as the sincerity. The device works using a series of electrode sensors that monitor the amount of bioelectricity generated by various muscles involved in laughter. The data is then whisked away to a computer where it is analyzed an assigned a numerical score based on its quantity.

Furthermore, the difference between real and fake laughter is determined by monitoring the movement of the diaphragm. If the muscle vibrations are high, that would be an indicator of a genuine laugh. Interestingly enough, the researchers are looking to make a portable version for heath and entertainment devices—which means that Carrot Top's performing days are numbered.

Source

Seemed like something a little interesting.

lol nice man. I don't see the purpose in knowing how hard other people laugh, though. It's cool but impractical. I guess you could bust your frirends who all think SNL is still funny but other than that...

Its not that hard to tell if someones laugh it genuine or not... Gosh, those Japanese scientists just don't know how to spend their time. =D

This would be good for some of my friends though who think they are always hilarious when they really are far from it. Would make for a good lunch at school :lol:

Use it when im watchin Ricky gevase
You will think its broke

Back