Resident Evil 4

CountBleck

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2007
Is there anyway to change the difficulty level in this game!!

I am stuck on the very first LEVEL!
Ive looked everywhere in the menu to see if there is easy mode!
But i cant find it.....

:mad5:

There is no easy mode for the american version. Ive heard of PAL version having easy mode.

The game is easy enough on Normal anyway :p Just run away if you are getting swarmed and keep shooting at the head.

easy mode sucks anyway, when I played it on normal and my brother payed it on easy (when we first got it), my brother didn't do alot of the things that you have to do, like that maze.

Just run where there are no people, then when they come at you shoot their knees out, then slash them with your knife or kick them to save ammo. If this is not working run into the big house and look for da' shotgun.

That only works if its 1-2 people, maybe 3-4 depending on how spread apart they are. But I rather shoot them in the head, knees dont always work. When you shoot their head, either their head pops off or they grab their face squirming, giving you enough time to run up to them and kick them, then knifing them to death. Its basically 1 bullet = 1 life, as long as they're not bunched all together where they can swarm you. Sometimes if they're all real close together you can shoot the one in front and kick him. If they're all bunched together when you kick em, they will all get hit.

Well only about 2-3 come at you at once, there will be some behind yes.
But shoot the ones coming at you in the knees then kick them, sending the rest back. Its a slow process, but it worked for me.

You can hide in buildings and push furniture in front of some windows and doors. Going in the big building with the shotgun in it will cause a chainsaw wielder to come after you, but is the best place to make a stand I think. Keep trying and look for the best ways to survive.

Twiik said:
You can hide in buildings and push furniture in front of some windows and doors. Going in the big building with the shotgun in it will cause a chainsaw wielder to come after you, but is the best place to make a stand I think. Keep trying and look for the best ways to survive.

If you wait until they go leave when the bell rings you can go into that house without the threat of a chainsaw

konomaroh said:
If you wait until they go leave when the bell rings you can go into that house without the threat of a chainsaw

No sense waiting till they leave, you'll be dead by then.
What I think you meant to say was fend off the baddies as best you can until the bell rings.

CantGetAWii said:
No sense waiting till they leave, you'll be dead by then.
What I think you meant to say was fend off the baddies as best you can until the bell rings.

Yeh and then get the shotgun so you don't have to deal with the chainsaw guy.

If my recollection is correct there is a tall belltower, just climb up that and shoot anybody that climbs up the ladder

konomaroh said:
Yeh and then get the shotgun so you don't have to deal with the chainsaw guy.

If my recollection is correct there is a tall belltower, just climb up that and shoot anybody that climbs up the ladder

yeah there is, that would work well.

Ahh yeah, good idea. I was thinking about trying that when I finally managed to do really well in the house with the shotgun after a couple deaths. One thing I like about using the house is that the chainsaw guy drops 10k pesetas, so that's a nice chunk of change.

A couple more tips, when enemies are climbing through windows or up ladders, one shot will knock them off. If they are at the top of a ladder the fall damage will hurt them too.

You can also push the ladder down when they are right at the top of it to hurt them with fall damage. If they live they will push the ladder back up quick and you can do it again. Just keep an eye behind you too or someone else will likely sneak up on you.

Back